PDA

View Full Version : Nobody told me The Limited was going out of business!

mom2binsd
12-24-2016, 12:43 PM
Come on BBB, I expected to hear this here first!

I never go to the mall and yesterday noticed that The Limited is going out of business. Seems to be some discrepancy as to what the plan is, but everything was 70% off, wish I'd known sooner and grabbed more exact stretch pants before they ran out of my size!

Not sure what the deals are online, haven't had a moment to check.

SnuggleBuggles
12-24-2016, 12:47 PM
Super sad!! I saw that sales were final but missed the going out of business part!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ett
12-24-2016, 01:06 PM
I thought it was just the store at my mall. Didn't realize it was everywhere.

mikala
12-24-2016, 03:41 PM
Oh no! They're one of my favorite stores for cute shirts. I saw a final sale notation online the other day but thought it was just for that sale.

mom2binsd
12-24-2016, 06:43 PM
In store is 70%, the sales associate said they are liquidating and hoping someone buys them (much like Aeropostale did, and someone bought Aero I guess). Online is a mess according to their facebook site, people are not receiving items ordered weeks ago. My store still had a lot of inventory.

AnnieW625
12-25-2016, 01:00 AM
What?! Thanks for sharing.

DualvansMommy
12-25-2016, 01:56 AM
Wow! I'm so sad! I love their pants cuz I'm so petite and short, that any time I buy their dress pants I know to never worry about having it hemmed it in more. Shoot! Now I guess I've to look for another to go store cuz all the limited pants I have in my collection is 2-3 times size bigger than my new size now since my weight loss program.

TwinFoxes
12-25-2016, 06:55 AM
It looks like they haven't filed for Chapter 11 yet, according to this.

http://fortune.com/2016/12/21/thelimited-bankruptcy/

it looks like the liquidation just started in stores on the 21st. I haven't been to the shops in a couple of weeks, I had no idea it was teetering.

Philly Mom
12-25-2016, 08:45 AM
I had seen people in corporation allude to it but it was as they announced new jobs. I didn't focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

ilfaith
12-25-2016, 05:42 PM
Our only local Limited store became a Backroom (outlet) earlier this year.

I did see last week, when they were offering 70% off online, that all sales were final, which made me suspicious.

When I got an email "To our valued customers..." from them a couple of days ago, I was certain it was an announcement they were going out of business.

And today there was another message "We are honored to have served you"

It's feeling like a long and painful goodbye.