PDA

View Full Version : Buying retired Lego set - best place to buy?

jgenie
01-31-2017, 08:29 AM
DS1 wants a retired Lego set for his birthday. Does anyone have any tips on best place to buy? I'm looking at Bricklink and eBay. Any reason to choose one over the other? TIA

SnuggleBuggles
01-31-2017, 09:05 AM
First I'd call every store in town you can think of. If you have any Kmarts, start there. Kohls, TRU, Walmart, independent toy stores...you might just find it collecting dust nearby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jren
01-31-2017, 09:57 AM
Toys r us found a box of unopened old lego sets and we were able to snag a set DS wanted that had been out of stock for over a year. But the timing was lucky, I couldn't sleep and was up at 5am checking the internet again for his set. They were gone within 30 minutes. I had good luck ordering from eBay as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

123LuckyMom
01-31-2017, 10:09 AM
I think bricklink is where I've gotten sets for DS in the past. I was buying from people, like you do on eBay. The sets were used and said whether they were complete or had any damage. I bought from them at least three times and was happy every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

kijip
02-02-2017, 04:52 AM
Wherever they are only charging a leg for it, as opposed to an arm and a leg. :P

I've had luck calling around to different toy stores. Sometimes I've found stuff on Craigslist or FB marketplace. I'm not willing to go much higher than MSRP though.