PDA

View Full Version : Undercut bob (shaved in back)?

twowhat?
02-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Has anyone ever had their hair cut in an undercut bob, where the back lower half is shaved or cut really short and longer layers fall over it/cover it up? Did you like it? Like this, but without the side shave:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/29/6a/f8/296af87910849f7c07e33e9a106eb1e6.jpg

I have super thick hair and like it in a short bob but the thickness of my hair is bugging me - it's just SO THICK and I would love to get a lot of that weight just chopped off without going totally boy cut (though I've been REALLY tempted to just go boy cut!).

I'm intrigued by this undercut bob because it would still look professional when left down, and in the summer I can pull back the top half and go edgy:)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/6b/94/5b/6b945be491813683e73cc0e9df400e20.jpg

Green_Tea
02-04-2017, 11:07 AM
I haven't this but my hairdresser has her hair cut like this! Looks good - you would never know when it's down.

georgiegirl
02-04-2017, 11:28 AM
Ds1's swim coach has a haircut like that. She also has tattoos and is very edgy.

SnuggleBuggles
02-04-2017, 11:59 AM
I did and I swear it grew in even thicker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinkmomagain
02-05-2017, 12:30 PM
I did this 20 or so years ago...I loved it! It thinned out my hair and it felt great!

MSWR0319
02-05-2017, 05:42 PM
Ds1's swim coach has a haircut like that. She also has tattoos and is very edgy.

DS's teacher is the same. Very edgy, tattoos, and this hair cut. She looks very cute. She also has the side shaved (like in your picture but more), as she has a tattoo on her head she likes to show off. She shaves it in the summer so it's grown back out by school time.

RiverRat
02-05-2017, 06:20 PM
My bff has her super thick curly hair cut like this and loves it. She can wear it half up to hide the undercut. She wears her hair down more now because it dries faster and lays nicer - doesn't "pyramid" out from her head.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

AnnieW625
02-06-2017, 02:27 AM
I did and I swear it grew in even thicker!

Yes I had a similar cut almost 30 yrs. ago in junior high school when I was 12 and 13 (it was just razored at the back though). My hair was super thick though and had some wave in it too so it made it hard to deal with so I ended up growing my hair back out. I think it works best if your hair is super straight or curly, not just thick and wavy.

twowhat?
07-02-2017, 09:43 PM
Updating! I did this in stages. My stylist recommended shaving just a small section at the nape of my neck to see if I liked it. YES. So for my next haircut I told him to SHAVE OFF MORE. I ended up getting it shaved in an upside-down V shape with the ends of the V ending just below my ears and the corner of the V goes up higher. This worked out GREAT because it took off weight where my hair is thickest. The rest is razor-cut chin length. I can still part my hair down the center and tie up 2 pigtails (or looped pigtails so they look like mini buns), leaving the shaved part exposed and it feels OH SO GOOD.

doberbrat
07-02-2017, 10:23 PM
Updating! I did this in stages. My stylist recommended shaving just a small section at the nape of my neck to see if I liked it. YES. So for my next haircut I told him to SHAVE OFF MORE. I ended up getting it shaved in an upside-down V shape with the ends of the V ending just below my ears and the corner of the V goes up higher. This worked out GREAT because it took off weight where my hair is thickest. The rest is razor-cut chin length. I can still part my hair down the center and tie up 2 pigtails (or looped pigtails so they look like mini buns), leaving the shaved part exposed and it feels OH SO GOOD.

Where is the smile that says "This thread is worthless w/o pictures"? Please??? :D

I need to do something. My hairdresser used to thin out my hair using thinning shears but I havent gotten my hair cut for so long I'm sick of it and I'm tempted to shave it all off.

twowhat?
07-02-2017, 11:10 PM
Where is the smile that says "This thread is worthless w/o pictures"? Please??? :D

I need to do something. My hairdresser used to thin out my hair using thinning shears but I havent gotten my hair cut for so long I'm sick of it and I'm tempted to shave it all off.

This is with my pigtails:) I'll take a pic of it with my hair down later:)

georgiegirl
07-03-2017, 12:27 AM
So cute!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ellies mom
07-03-2017, 12:51 AM
This is with my pigtails:) I'll take a pic of it with my hair down later:)

I love it!

twowhat?
07-03-2017, 11:11 PM
Hair down. Had to wash it to get rid of pigtail dents. Ignore the blazing white hair:)

doberbrat
07-03-2017, 11:18 PM
nice! thanks for sharing the pics

KpbS
07-03-2017, 11:21 PM
Love your hair! So pretty!

babyonway
07-04-2017, 04:52 PM
I love your hair!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)