PDA

View Full Version : Ski school and private lessons - to tip or not tip?

jgenie
02-05-2017, 04:32 PM
This is our first year having DC in ski school. Should we be tipping at the end of each lesson? So far it's been a couple of different people doing the lessons depending on the day. Also, if we take private ski lessons should we be tipping the instructor? TIA

MSWR0319
02-05-2017, 05:40 PM
We tried to tip the instructor but he walked away before DH even had the chance to say thank you. We tried to give it to the desk to give him but they wouldn't take it. This was for a private lesson.

Corie
02-05-2017, 06:00 PM
My daughter takes private voice lessons and my son takes private batting lessons. I have never offered a tip. We are paying
quite a bit of money for these private lessons. I don't really see why a tip is necessary.

smilequeen
02-05-2017, 06:51 PM
We have tipped for private ski lessons (don't know about ski school, we did it last year, but didn't tip...it would have been hard to do in all the chaos and I just didn't think of it). It's not an absolute must, but it's a nice thing to do for sure. We've had great instructors though.

ett
02-05-2017, 07:20 PM
My daughter takes private voice lessons and my son takes private batting lessons. I have never offered a tip. We are paying
quite a bit of money for these private lessons. I don't really see why a tip is necessary.

My boys take private violin lessons and I've never tipped. I'm also not sure why tipping is necessary.

bnme
02-05-2017, 07:33 PM
We tipped when kids were in all day ski school. Those instructors work so hard and are with them all day, including lunch. Especially for younger kids. Didn't tip for a 2 hour lesson.

bcafe
02-05-2017, 09:17 PM
We have only tipped when their ski lessons weren't specifically private, but only had our DC as students. They were essentially private, but without the added cost so we tipped in this case.

mmsmom
02-06-2017, 10:07 AM
We tip for ski school and for private ski lessons. Every ski resort we have been to has envelopes where you check in to facilitate tipping. I see some others tipping but definitely a lot who don't too.

Private music lessons and other types of private lessons are different from ski resorts. My kids have private music & tennis lessons and we tip those instructors for the holidays.

HannaAddict
02-09-2017, 02:06 PM
We always tip for private lessons. And tipped at end of season for same teacher who'd worked with our child in a group lesson for five weeks. Friend who is a ski instructor is very appreciative of the tips. They don't make much but do it because they love it and it is hard sometimes especially with kids. Lessons are expensive but if can afford them figure should be able to afford to tip. $20 for a 2 hour private is the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk