PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorm??

DualvansMommy
02-07-2017, 01:24 AM
I'm posting my dilemma in the lounge for more traffic.

I'm really struggling in trying to decide WHERE to set up a family command center for our family; our young boys will be in 1st grade and preK this fall, and so i need to set up a central spot for them to hang their backpacks, take out their daily folder, and put up reminders for permission slips, art, etc on pin board.

I have 2 potential spaces to put a system in place; but neither is really ideal hence my advice from moms here who BTDT with school aged kids! if at all possible, show me your system too with photos.

1st spot:

it's a empty wall space by 9 feet tall and little over 4 feet wide on far end of my kitchen. It's immediately near our daily eat in area of kitchen, den and around corner from front foyer/door. The boys would have to gather there every morning to put folders, etc in their backpacks, get backpack, and walk all way across kitchen stepping down into hallway where our entrance to mudroom/garage is. That is where they get their coats and shoes on before leaving via door into garage. Right now, it's where my oldest son keeps his backpack since it's just a small one for one kid so far in our mudroom.

2nd spot:

i have another empty wall space that is between the garage wall/mudroom but it is narrow hallway too. The wall is about 7.5 feet, maybe 8 feet tall with little less than 4 feet wide across to put up a whiteboard and pinboard. Since the boards is relatively flat and hung up on wall, not eating in space for people to walk by that hallway. 45644565

it is more of the fact it's clear across from kitchen and main action/hangout for my family. If i were or my boys want to see whats happening on calendar, collect something from pinboard, etc we have to walk across kitchen, stepping down the hallway to see/collect from it. However, it would be near the coats/shoes/exit every morning though and more central for the purpose of keeping everything in one spot.

which spot would you put yours in? I'm attaching sample pics from pininterest of what i want to create my command center to give an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk