PDA

View Full Version : Crib to bed transition tips??

DualvansMommy
02-08-2017, 10:44 AM
We moved DS2 into a bigger different bedroom (previously guest room) from his nursery with a new full size mattress on top of box spring on the floor. His crib will be converted into fullsize bed sometime this weekend, but meantime after couple of rough nights in getting ds2 to sleep in his room. I'm seeking advice/tips on what worked best for you consistently??

DS1 didn't take long; literally only few nights and i started off sitting on his bed until he fell asleep first night, to leaving. He would wake up, and i put him back in bed and stay, rinse and repeat. it graduated after couple of nights of me moving from sitting on his bed to chair in same room as him and leaving.

DS2 is different; he fell asleep in his bed fairly quickly after i settled him in bed, stroked his head and i left then i went to bed around 10pm. He woke me up crying around 12:30am, so i tried putting him back to bed and leaving. Rinse and repeat for 2.5 hours????! was so exhausted that i fell asleep on his bed with him, restless night for both of us. Anything i should do differently tonight? also he's been dropping his naps some days regularly now. so im wondering if i should get him to nap today or try to keep him awake to be really tired to stay in bed tonight?