PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still watching... (no spoilers, just a DVR question)

pastrygirl
02-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Every fall, I set my DVR to record a bunch of shows that you all list here. :) Well, my DVR is now 85% full and I haven't even started some of the series! Are you all still watching and enjoying:

Speechless? (Haven't even started)

Designated Survivor? (Haven't started)

Timeless? (Almost caught up, and like it so far)

Blindspot? (We are halfway into this one, so will likely continue)

PZMommy
02-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Speechless is okay. I don't seek it out, but if there is nothing else on I watch it. I quit designated survivor after 3 episodes. I don't watch the other two.

lizzywednesday
02-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Personally, I wouldn't bother DVR-ing Designated Survivor - if you're interested in what happens, the episodes post online within 24 hours, so as long as you have a login with your cable company (DH does, but he set up a user account for me), you'll be able to watch on your computer. Or wait for them to become available OnDemand (takes a bit longer, or it was taking a bit longer, than online.)

I find the characters too one-dimensional, especially the ones the audience is supposed to see as villains - they're awfully cartoonish in my opinion. And there were a few things that just do not sit right with me that would've flown right under my radar while I watched, say, The West Wing (which I loved; still do, though bits haven't really aged well) or 24.

pastrygirl
02-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Thanks! There are other shows I really want to watch, like The Crown. So maybe I'll scrap Speechless and Designated Survivor.

lizzywednesday
02-08-2017, 09:02 PM
Thanks! There are other shows I really want to watch, like The Crown. ....

The Crown quite worthwhile! I watched about half of it before watching Stranger Things (which I recommend to everyone) and want to circle back to it.

TwinFoxes
02-08-2017, 11:52 PM
Personally, I wouldn't bother DVR-ing Designated Survivor - if you're interested in what happens, the episodes post online within 24 hours, so as long as you have a login with your cable company (

I prefer DVRing because I can skip the commercials. Watching online you have to sit through the website's commercials. I watched This is Us online because I hadn't DVRd it, and I swear the commercial breaks are even longer than televised ones!

pharmjenn
02-09-2017, 12:50 AM
I prefer DVRing because I can skip the commercials. Watching online you have to sit through the website's commercials. I watched This is Us online because I hadn't DVRd it, and I swear the commercial breaks are even longer than televised ones!

I totally agree. I was killing time while DS was in kung fu and watching stupid reality on the Comcast app on my phone. Came to a commercial break and it said my show would return in 2:44. No way to bypass this.

anonomom
02-09-2017, 08:22 AM
I really like Speechless, though I agree that Designated Survivor isn't very good (we quit after 2 episodes). I haven't seen the others.

mom2khj
02-09-2017, 09:48 AM
I really like Speechless, though I agree that Designated Survivor isn't very good (we quit after 2 episodes). I haven't seen the others.

This, exactly.

squimp
02-09-2017, 11:46 AM
Just putting in a positive word for Designated Survivor, I really like it. For me it's like House of Cards meets 24, and I loved both of those shows. The season starts back up in March, so I would want to catch up before then. The mid-season ended with a huge cliff-hanger and I can't wait to see what happened. It's one of the few shows DH and I watch together.

Speechless is Ok, and I haven't watched the others.

123LuckyMom
02-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Don't scrap Speechless!!! I didn't love it at first, but it's fast becoming a favorite! The episodes Hero and Sick Day were sooooo good. At least watch those before you scrap the show. Designated Survivor is meh in my opinion. It's not awful, but it's not great either.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

pastrygirl
02-09-2017, 01:18 PM
If we don't DVR it, we don't watch it, because of all the commercials!

I forgot that I also wanted to record the show with Lady Mary (forget what it's called), and Victoria on PBS.

AnnieW625
02-09-2017, 01:22 PM
Designated Survivor was on my dvr but I think I had to delete them all because my default dvr settings were set to only record 5 episodes before deleting so I was missing a bunch of episodes.

I watched episode 1 of Victoria and liked it but haven't watched it since.

I have a whole season of Chicago Fire season 5, but haven't watched it much since the middle of season 3. Same with Chicago PD, which I think is in season 4.

I finished all of When Calls the Heart on Netflix and really enjoyed it. I think season 4 on Hallmark Channel starts next month so hopefully season 3 will be on Netflix soon.

I also really liked Good Girls Revolt on Amazon, but Amazon cancelled it and so now the producers are looking for a new network to shop it to.

Otherwise most nights I have no energy to watch more than the sports report and we watch a lot of hockey in my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenasparkl
02-09-2017, 04:19 PM
Don't scrap Speechless!!! I didn't love it at first, but it's fast becoming a favorite!

I like it too. It's a nice combo of funny and touching.