PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Rash on stomach only

debbo
02-10-2017, 02:59 PM
My son broke out in a sudden rash on his stomach over the holidays. It looked like a bad sunburn but very bumpy. We got it cleared up with prescription steroids he has for his eczema. He's always has eczema but never on his stomach. We continued to put on moisturizer on his stomach and it got much better until all of a sudden two nights ago it got bad again (though not as bad as the first time). We think maybe we can attribute it to new PJ's he got over the holidays and that he wore again the other night. The weird thing is he only broke out on his front where there's a big iron-on design on the pj's. Could this iron-on be causing a skin rash? He's 13 if that makes a difference.

cilantromapuche
02-10-2017, 03:17 PM
for my son that was his symptom for strep. it was called scarletina. He didn't have a sore throat or fever until much later. Not saying that is what your DS has but that was our experience.

Mikey0709
02-10-2017, 03:32 PM
Could be the iron on, but unfortunately, just like above posted, symptom of strep for us too. Re-occuring. Any other symptoms? Sore throat (without cold symptoms)??

debbo
02-10-2017, 03:37 PM
No, no cold symptoms. It's really strange that it's so sudden. I feel like anytime we go to the dermatologist, she just gives us stronger steroid creams. Would like to find the underlying causes of his skin issues. This one is different from his usual skin issues though. Will double check with him after school that he feels fine otherwise.

AnnieW625
02-10-2017, 04:24 PM
Dd1 had this about two weeks before she was diagnosed with strep; she has such sensitive skin we thought it was eczema related, and I took her to the dermatologist to get an rx. for more cream. It wasn't until it didn't go away and her throat hurt that we realized it was Scarlett fever.

debbo
02-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Wow! I'll definitely ask him how he's feeling later. Thanks!

MSWR0319
02-10-2017, 05:20 PM
No, no cold symptoms. It's really strange that it's so sudden. I feel like anytime we go to the dermatologist, she just gives us stronger steroid creams. Would like to find the underlying causes of his skin issues. This one is different from his usual skin issues though. Will double check with him after school that he feels fine otherwise.

My son doesn't ever feel sick with strep, not even a sore throat. He will complain of a headache and stomachache randomly. I definitely wouldn't rule out strep, especially since you said it looks different.