PDA

View Full Version : Is it really out of style for lamps on nightstands to match?

ourbabygirl
02-12-2017, 12:39 AM
We've had our (master) bed, night stands, and lamps on them for 10 years or so, and like the furniture and want to keep it for a while. However, we repainted and the lamps just look bad (and I was never crazy about them). I'd like to get new ones, but I'm wondering if it's totally out of style now to have matching lamps and nightstands. We don't have it in the budget to get new nightstands, and they go with the bed anyhow, but I'm wondering if I should get two matching lamps (I'm thinking glass bottoms), or mismatched. And if I get mismatched, will that look weird if the nightstands match?

Thanks for your help!

mackmama
02-12-2017, 12:49 AM
I don't like most things matchy, but I like matching bedside lamps on mismatched night stands (of the same height).

khm
02-12-2017, 12:55 AM
I have no idea re match-y-ness but our bedside lamps are wall mounted and I really like them. They just plug in, so no special wiring. Ours were from PB a long time ago. Wayfair has a lot, I just looked.
http://www.potterybarn.com/m/shop/lighting/sconces-wall-lamps/

https://www.wayfair.com/Swing-Arm-Lights-C416509.html?refid=GX167685157886.Swing+arm+wall+l ighting%7Eb&position=1t1&network=g&pcrid=167685157886&device=m&targetid=kwd-55792761

bisous
02-12-2017, 01:03 AM
I think matchy can be very in. Some don't prefer the look but I like symmetry and I think especially with matching nightstands it would look great. I have dozens of pinned images with some pretty serious symmetry going on. Go for it!

lalasmama
02-12-2017, 01:44 AM
DH and I need symmetry :)

essnce629
02-12-2017, 02:56 AM
I have matching mirrored nightstands and matching lamps. I like it.

It's in the living room that I don't like matchy matchy.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Neatfreak
02-12-2017, 07:24 AM
No idea. Ours aren't entirely matchy-matchy. The lamps are made of the same material and have the same shades, but the design is slightly different.

KrisM
02-12-2017, 08:36 AM
Ours match and I like it. We very rarely have anyone else in our master bedroom, and I'm very rarely in anyone else's, so I have no idea what others do. If you like them to match, go for it. How often are your friends and family in your bedroom to notice or care?

SnuggleBuggles
02-12-2017, 12:19 PM
Does it really matter? :) Get what you like. Mine match and our nightstands dont. The nightstands are out of laziness and unwillingness to spend $. :)
What about just new lampshades for the lamps you have? Not sure what about your new paint doesn't work with the lamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lovin2shop
02-12-2017, 03:29 PM
We just had a decorator come in to update and freshen up our Master bedroom. She chose matching lamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ourbabygirl
02-12-2017, 04:24 PM
Thanks, Everyone!
It doesn't matter *that* much, but we're thinking of selling in the next year or so… just want to make smart choices that will make the room look better when staging/ selling, not worse. ;) The current lamps have an ornate, dark tarnished gold-bronze look with beige-gold shades, and they look bad with the cheery light yellow wall color we picked (hoping to do new white bedding and more clean line, simple lamps with white shades).