PDA

View Full Version : Are you planning anything special for Valentine's Day?

jgenie
02-13-2017, 09:26 PM
If so, please share!

So far I have heart balloons to surprise all three of my guys when they wake up. I tied hearts to the strings with things I love about them. I'm making heart biscuits for breakfast. DS2 loves biscuits and I'm making them heart shaped to make them special. DH loves bolognese so I'm making that for dinner with gnocchi and pasta in case DC don't like the gnocchi. I'm hoping to find berries tomorrow to serve with fresh whipped cream for dessert. If I can't find berries, I'll buy a dessert. What do you have planned?

SnuggleBuggles
02-13-2017, 10:03 PM
I was going to make a pizza in this heart shaped pan I own but we'll be at a swim meet instead. Maybe some candy. I bought cute heart stuffed things at IKEA for the kids.
Dh and I don't do Valentines Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PZMommy
02-13-2017, 10:20 PM
I bought each of my boys some of the lego batman minifigure blind bags as their valentine gift. I got DH a card, and I'm guessing he did the same for me. We really don't do much for Valentine's Day.

Mommy_Mea
02-13-2017, 10:30 PM
I put out pink shirts for the kids to wear tomorrow. That is probably about it. Oh, DH bought me a pint of my favorite Gelato this weekend <3

bisous
02-13-2017, 10:46 PM
We make crepes for Valentine's Day. Kids like it and it is cheap. :) DH and I will exchange cards. He'll get me flowers. We'll watch something on Netflix. :)

BDKmom
02-13-2017, 11:43 PM
Was going to pick up some things today for the kids, just a few little trinkets, but DS was home sick. I'll try to head out tomorrow and see if anything is left. DD saw a little stuffed emoji at Walmart that she wanted. Maybe make heart shaped cupcakes if I have time. DH and I will exchange cards and grill steaks after the kids are in bed. I'm planning to do chocolate fondue for dessert. DS said that he would give me lots of hugs and kisses tomorrow since it's Valentine's Day. Super sweet except that he's been running a fever all day. Hoping he feels better tomorrow.

essnce629
02-14-2017, 12:54 AM
I scheduled myself a 90 minute deep tissue massage today as a Valentine's gift to myself. I've been sick for 14 days now and was hoping it would help. I have a card and Sees candy for DH. I don't do Valentine's stuff for my kids.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

KpbS
02-14-2017, 01:37 AM
Special berry dessert for the kiddos and have Valentine candy bags for them waiting for the morning.

Got DH a card, but I need to find it. :p

I usually make a red meal (spaghetti often), but not tomorrow.

mom2binsd
02-14-2017, 02:22 AM
My boyfriend is coming over and we're doing fondue with my two kids, chocolate strawberries for dessert. We'll play some games, drink wine and maybe watch a movie when they go to bed. I don't expect anything special, I don't think adults need to do gifts, I got the kids a little chocolate treat.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

MommyAllison
02-14-2017, 03:01 AM
Heart shaped pancakes or waffles for breakfast, I have a small chocolate bar for each of the kids as well. We are all going to see the Lego Batman movie tomorrow evening since it's discount day at the theater. I'm making DH's favorite chocolates and we will go out to dinner another night when it isn't so busy.

gymnbomb
02-14-2017, 07:15 AM
Nothing today. We have a babysitter on Friday night so we will do a date night then. Although it wasn't scheduled because of Valentines Day, just because it is when our sitter happened to be free. But we do go tomorrow for an ultrasound to see our new little one, so that will be our special thing this week :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JBaxter
02-14-2017, 07:21 AM
No we never do. Its just not a thing for us. Boys have soccer until 730 tonight DH is at a trade show soccer this weekend Maybe we will have a Date night next weekend.

Corie
02-14-2017, 07:53 AM
We don't really do anything special for Valentine's Day. Never have.

georgiegirl
02-14-2017, 08:24 AM
I didn't get the kids anything. I don't think they expect anything. We will bring in food from the Cheesecake Factory because I have a $50 gift card plus the 4 free slices of cheesecake (remember that amazing deal!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hillview
02-14-2017, 08:29 AM
Before I went away for work I got cards and some chocolate. The puppy broke into our bedroom and got the chocolate (he's ok!) so I went out and got Red Sox shirts for the boys and socks for dh (he needs them). Super romantic. Sigh. Tonight I will make tacos (it's Tuesday) need to plan a date night.

lizzywednesday
02-14-2017, 11:21 AM
DD and I agreed to shake up Taco Tuesday and make steak fajitas. (I found a sheet-pan recipe online at Williams-Sonoma (http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/sheet-pan-fajitas.html) that looks pretty good. Fast, too.)

azzeps
02-14-2017, 11:29 AM
I made heart shaped cinnamon rolls (from a can) that I saw on Pinterest. The kids liked that. I put a red & white checked table cloth on the table. We will trade cards and I got the kids some candy. I got DH a new TV that he's been wanting because it was on sale at Target during super bowl weekend. But I don't usually get stuff like that.

liz
02-14-2017, 01:07 PM
We usually do a nice dinner and dessert at home. This year will be Indian take out because I don't want to cook. I'll probably do strawberries and chocolate fondue and bake some brownies.

I woke up to flowers, card and small gifts on the dining room table. The kids have homemade Valentine's for me :love2:. I'll open the gifts later when everyone is home. The kids got some Valentine heart gummies in their lunch as a treat. This year I bought DH a FitBit and the kids are getting some nice travel backpacks since we have some big trips planned for this year. We don't usually do big gifts, but this year is an exception. Usually it's something small in the $5-15 range.

My mom always got me a special Valentine's treat from the bakery and gave me a gift for Valentine's day. For some reason it always seemed extra special because my parents weren't big gift givers. I like to keep the tradition going with my kids.

specialp
02-14-2017, 01:16 PM
Making a lobster and shrimp dinner with heart shaped pasta. Gave the boys candy and balloons. They gave me a frame and a box DH helped them build from a kit and paint. That's pretty big for us for valentine's.

bisous
02-14-2017, 01:21 PM
I made heart shaped cinnamon rolls (from a can) that I saw on Pinterest. The kids liked that. I put a red & white checked table cloth on the table. We will trade cards and I got the kids some candy. I got DH a new TV that he's been wanting because it was on sale at Target during super bowl weekend. But I don't usually get stuff like that.

Ooh. That sounds fun. My kids would love the cinnamon rolls and "can" speaks to me these days. ;)

I saw a meme where the husband and wife go to the card store, pick out cards for each other, read them to each other and then put them back. That also spoke to me!

Ms B
02-14-2017, 02:43 PM
I got The Biscuit to school today with 26 valentine cards for his classmates that he wrote his name (more or less neatly) on BY HIMSELF. Each card has a temporary tattoo and is sealed with a heart sticker (I dealt with the tattoos and stickers). There also was a card for the teachers. They will have to share their tattoo. :wink2:

The Biscuit refused to wear a red shirt today. Instead, he wore a TMNT shirt that has some red on it. They had chocolate Chex cereal for breakfast at school today, which is a big thing for The Biscuit (we do not normally buy sugared cereals).

I expect him to come home with a bag of Valentines and candy from his class. Several of his classmates have Pinteresy parents (and I saw some large bags hanging in cubbies), so I assume there will be some adorable stuff.

Seriously, DH and I wished each other Happy V-Day this morning. I wore a pink sweater set; he wore a red tie. We have our anniversary next week. The plan is to go to a nice dinner later this week when my ILs roll in for their monthly visit.

I am calling the day a win.

bisous
02-14-2017, 04:08 PM
I got The Biscuit to school today with 26 valentine cards for his classmates that he wrote his name (more or less neatly) on BY HIMSELF. Each card has a temporary tattoo and is sealed with a heart sticker (I dealt with the tattoos and stickers). There also was a card for the teachers. They will have to share their tattoo. :wink2:

The Biscuit refused to wear a red shirt today. Instead, he wore a TMNT shirt that has some red on it. They had chocolate Chex cereal for breakfast at school today, which is a big thing for The Biscuit (we do not normally buy sugared cereals).

I expect him to come home with a bag of Valentines and candy from his class. Several of his classmates have Pinteresy parents (and I saw some large bags hanging in cubbies), so I assume there will be some adorable stuff.

Seriously, DH and I wished each other Happy V-Day this morning. I wore a pink sweater set; he wore a red tie. We have our anniversary next week. The plan is to go to a nice dinner later this week when my ILs roll in for their monthly visit.

I am calling the day a win.

Sounds like a win to me!

lalasmama
02-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Is DH getting lucky not special enough?!?!

I'm not raising the bar any higher around our house, lol.

ahisma
02-14-2017, 10:37 PM
I sent DS2 to school with valentines, but apparently with an empty lunchbox (DS1 is home sick and they got swapped). He decided to roll with it and ate food at the party instead. My friend said he seemed perfectly happy and he didn't mention it until bedtime...so I'm calling it done.

We've had sick kids home for a week. They're clean, fed and in bed. Low goals around here lately;)