PDA

View Full Version : Valentines ideas for people in physical rehab?

corrie23
02-13-2017, 11:10 PM
I'm the class parent for my son's 1st grade class. As part of the class party tomorrow we're going to have the kids decorate blank Valentine cards with stickers and notes to deliver to a local facility that serves as an inpatient physical rehabilitation facility for people who have been ill or injured. As it happens, my father stayed there for several months last year following significant medical complications from his ALS so I'm delighted that the school chose this place to receive the cards.

In the interest of time/simplicity, I am trying to print out sheets for the kids to reference with sample phrases they can write in their cards (so that the 2 class parents aren't running around trying to spell "Happy Valentine's Day" for the kids 600 times). I'm a bit stumped about what to suggest that they write. I have Happy Valentine's Day, Feel better, Get well soon, Keep getting stronger, and Keep working hard. Any other suggestions?

Also, how do you think that we should have the kids sign the cards (the school name and 1st grade? Just the school name? Their first names and the school?) Again, I'm overthinking this but I have an irrational fear that some parent is going to freak that we released their child's name and the school they attend to some random.

mom2binsd
02-13-2017, 11:22 PM
Just their first name and age. I work in rehab, that will be perfect.

PZMommy
02-14-2017, 12:33 AM
I would have them sign their first name and either grade or age, but not their school name. It sounds like a great project!!

jgenie
02-14-2017, 12:59 AM
First name and age would be great.

KpbS
02-14-2017, 01:20 AM
Have the helpers write on the board some simple phrases, including Happy Valentine's Day! Others could be: Keep up the good work! Stronger every day! Hang in there! We are rooting for you! etc.

I would have them sign their cards with just their first name.