PDA

View Full Version : St. Patrick's Day Birthday

boilermakermom
02-14-2017, 03:47 PM
My DS has a St. Patricks Day birthday. I am a bit late to the planning stages, and drawing a huge blank on what to do. I feel like its such a fun holiday, but we don't celebrate it much. We aren't Irish, we are Swedish actually. I usually make a corned beef and we have some Guiness, nothing too exciting.

What are your favorite St. Patty's Day activities? Any cute ideas for birthday pictures or parties?

SnuggleBuggles
02-14-2017, 04:11 PM
Pinterest is your friend. :)
Maybe hide some gold coins? Target was selling some today, iirc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kestrel
02-14-2017, 11:32 PM
How old of a DS? years ago, my DS's preschool class made leprechaun traps!

ang79
02-14-2017, 11:36 PM
How old of a DS? years ago, my DS's preschool class made leprechaun traps!

My oldest DD1 did this in kindergarten. She is now 10 and her sister is 8 and they still want to do it! YWhich means I have to try to be sneaky every year by turning the milk green or doing something else to surprise them that the leprechaun came and tricked them yet again. I'm a bit over this now.....

I made shamrock bread (green food coloring and form dough in a shamrock shape, or use the pillsbury bread sticks to make it even easier!) one year, the girls thought that was fun. We've also done green pancakes with food coloring.

boilermakermom
02-15-2017, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the ideas!!! I am sure my older DD will love green pancakes! My DD and I did leprachaun traps last year. I wasn't home to see if we caught any in the morning though. DS was born at 2 am. DS is turning 1! That went fast!!!

KpbS
02-15-2017, 12:39 PM
We went to a fun party once for a St Patrick's day kiddo. I think he was turning 3/4. Anyways, most of those ideas would be too old for your 1 yo., but I would just go with the theme and have fun! Rainbows, gold chocolate coins, etc.