PDA

View Full Version : Leggings for super skinny tweens?

calebsmama03
02-17-2017, 10:39 PM
I have a very hard time finding bottoms to fit DD(11). For jeans, the only pair I've ever found that fit are the Old Navy Super skinny jeggings in a 12-SLIM. She prefers to wear leggings and long shirts to school because they aren't allowed to wear jeans in PE and there really isn't a locker room with sufficient space for all the girls to change, so she ends up being tardy when she wears jeans and has to change prior to class (and the teacher is a sticker, telling them they just should not wear jeans if they want to be on time). Her leggings are all far too short. The issue is she needs a size 7 for the waist/rear end but needs a 12 length wise. For spring and fall we just buy size 7 regular leggings and she wears as capris but for cooler weather that doesn't work. She has a few pairs of leggings from Gap and Gymbo in size 10 - they are now getting too short and they fit her like baggy sweats anyway. Can anyone suggest leggings or yoga pants that run really narrow?

cuca_
02-18-2017, 01:14 AM
If you don't mind spending the money, Ivivva leggings and pants run long IME, so you could size down and get the slimmer fit. They are expensive, but wash very well. My DD's have pants that are several years old, and they still look like new.

MommyAllison
02-18-2017, 03:20 AM
H&M might work - the cut is definitely narrower than Gap and Gymbo IME.

Dcclerk
02-22-2017, 12:27 PM
If you don't mind spending the money, Ivivva leggings and pants run long IME, so you could size down and get the slimmer fit. They are expensive, but wash very well. My DD's have pants that are several years old, and they still look like new.

I totally agree with this. While silly expensive, my girls have been wearing their leggings/capris from Ivivva for years. They are cut very long and thin, but can give for a long time. What were pants are now capris and what were capris are now closer to pedal pushers, but they keep holding up. And, my very thin 12 year old still can wear her size 8s.

calebsmama03
02-22-2017, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.
Ouch! I just looked at the Ivivva site. DH would kill me if I spent that much on kid leggings! lol Esp since I don't know if she will keep on this curve once she is fully into puberty or if she will fill out and get more curvy, so it's possible these would only work for another year or so. My niece was built the same but once she really hit her growth spurts/puberty she got much more curvy. She is still very slim but no longer skin and bones skinny so normally sized misses/juniors clothes fit her. For a while she had to buy size 23 super skinny jeans and still had to have the waists taken in! If only, right!? :D

I used to be able to count on Gapkids to run super slim but when they changed up the kids and baby stuff several years ago they completely changed their sizing. :(

cuca_
02-22-2017, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.
Ouch! I just looked at the Ivivva site. DH would kill me if I spent that much on kid leggings! lol Esp since I don't know if she will keep on this curve once she is fully into puberty or if she will fill out and get more curvy, so it's possible these would only work for another year or so. My niece was built the same but once she really hit her growth spurts/puberty she got much more curvy. She is still very slim but no longer skin and bones skinny so normally sized misses/juniors clothes fit her. For a while she had to buy size 23 super skinny jeans and still had to have the waists taken in! If only, right!? :D

I used to be able to count on Gapkids to run super slim but when they changed up the kids and baby stuff several years ago they completely changed their sizing. :(

FYI, Ivivva is on Zulily twice a year. They just had a sale, so it won't help you, but worth keeping an eye out for if you want to try them out in the future. I cannot say enough how well the pants hold up and "grow" with my kids. Initially I was horrified as well (and still sort of am), but my DDs have gotten so much wear out of their leggings and skirts!

NCGrandma
02-22-2017, 08:00 PM
Oh my ... I too just looked at the Ivivva site (and discovered that there is a store near-ish). It made me very nostalgic for the days when DGD1 lived in Hannas from the outlets. Sadly, DGD2 isn't really built for Hannas as much.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

calebsmama03
02-23-2017, 11:29 AM
FYI, Ivivva is on Zulily twice a year. They just had a sale, so it won't help you, but worth keeping an eye out for if you want to try them out in the future. I cannot say enough how well the pants hold up and "grow" with my kids. Initially I was horrified as well (and still sort of am), but my DDs have gotten so much wear out of their leggings and skirts!

Thanks for that! I'll keep an eye out. Darn that I just missed it though. :( DD is in serious need of pants! It's been weirdly warm here the past few weeks so she is wearing her "capris" ;) now but it's supposed to get cold again and snow this weekend.

Oh my ... I too just looked at the Ivivva site (and discovered that there is a store near-ish). It made me very nostalgic for the days when DGD1 lived in Hannas from the outlets. Sadly, DGD2 isn't really built for Hannas as much.
I know! I was so sad when our HA outlet closed. Though it only worked for us when she was in cloth diapers. After that it was too short and wide. :(