PDA

View Full Version : Save $8.62 on $50+ Amazon Purchase

candaceb
02-22-2017, 08:56 AM
code BIGTHANKS. Today only.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/b/ref=pe_2479310_227987610_pe_prime_button_b/?node=15240005011

jam224
02-22-2017, 10:02 AM
I was just coming to post this! :thumbsup: Here's a clean link: https://www.amazon.com/b/?node=15240005011&pf_rd_p=0033c189-b389-4340-a57b-3c3f1cb0d54d&pf_rd_r=9CF2K3YPK065RYNZ40VQ

Terms & Conditions apply. Good for one use per account. Discount will be rounded up to $8.63 off of $50+ purchase.

jawilli4
02-22-2017, 10:36 AM
Thanks for posting this!

jam224
02-22-2017, 11:45 AM
UPDATE: Works on gift cards!! Works on Starbucks, Panera, Whole Foods, Sephora, Nordstrom, and more! :boogie:

meggie t
02-22-2017, 11:48 AM
Thank you!

TwinFoxes
02-22-2017, 12:48 PM
ARGH! Literally just placed an order for $40+. It's guaranteed same day arrival (apparently there's a distribution center in my basement) so I can't cancel it. Oh well...if I think about it, I would have had to buy something else, but this is just annoying. :)

Thanks OP, great deal.

candaceb
02-22-2017, 01:03 PM
I was just coming to post this! :thumbsup: Here's a clean link: https://www.amazon.com/b/?node=15240005011&pf_rd_p=0033c189-b389-4340-a57b-3c3f1cb0d54d&pf_rd_r=9CF2K3YPK065RYNZ40VQ

Terms & Conditions apply. Good for one use per account. Discount will be rounded up to $8.63 off of $50+ purchase.

FYI - Amazon Smile links just give credit to whatever beneficiary you have set up on your own account for Amazon Smile - in my case, it's DS's school, but if you have your kid's school set up, that's who will get credit if you follow an Amazon Smile link. I get no benefit so no need to provide a "clean" link.

vonfirmath
02-22-2017, 01:08 PM
FYI - Amazon Smile links just give credit to whatever beneficiary you have set up on your own account for Amazon Smile - in my case, it's DS's school, but if you have your kid's school set up, that's who will get credit if you follow an Amazon Smile link. I get no benefit so no need to provide a "clean" link.

I prefer smile links for just this reason. When I follow a smile link, it just works. But if I follow a www.amazon.com link, then I have to figure out how to get to the same place under amazon smile in order for my chosen charity to get that tiny benefit.

jam224
02-22-2017, 01:34 PM

Yes, I know it's not an affiliate link. I don't use Smile, hence why I provided the "clean" (regular) link. No offense intended!

jam224
02-22-2017, 01:37 PM
I prefer smile links for just this reason. When I follow a smile link, it just works. But if I follow a www.amazon.com link, then I have to figure out how to get to the same place under amazon smile in order for my chosen charity to get that tiny benefit.

You can add https://smile.amazon.com/ as a bookmark. Hope that helps!

vonfirmath
02-22-2017, 02:16 PM
You can add https://smile.amazon.com/ as a bookmark. Hope that helps!

It doesn't help in this case -- navigating to the linked item/message after being directed there from a link. It goes to the smile homepage.

jam224
02-22-2017, 02:40 PM
It doesn't help in this case -- navigating to the linked item/message after being directed there from a link. It goes to the smile homepage.
Sorry, I don't use the Smile program, so it was a suggestion that I pulled from their "About" page: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/ch/about. It sounds like as long as you start your Amazon shopping at the "Smile" page, your charity should get credit.

How do I shop at AmazonSmile?
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.

How do I select a charitable organization to support when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. We will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.

♥ms.pacman♥
02-22-2017, 02:42 PM
thanks, just came here to post this. i have to get items for a birthday party this weekend and had other stuff to stock up on so i was excited.

i'm bummed though, the code doesn't work on everything. :( I just tried it on $54 worth of stuff. and said it could not be applied to my order. Maybe because one of my items was a lightning deal? Or another item (different one) was add-on item? Just wanted to give a warning..it doesn't always work. oh well..at least i got an * insane* deal on gel-pens (my kids go crazy for that stuff).

good reminder to use the Smile link, i often forget to use that.

MommyAllison
02-22-2017, 03:15 PM
thanks, just came here to post this. i have to get items for a birthday party this weekend and had other stuff to stock up on so i was excited.

i'm bummed though, the code doesn't work on everything. :( I just tried it on $54 worth of stuff. and said it could not be applied to my order. Maybe because one of my items was a lightning deal? Or another item (different one) was add-on item? Just wanted to give a warning..it doesn't always work. oh well..at least i got an * insane* deal on gel-pens (my kids go crazy for that stuff).

good reminder to use the Smile link, i often forget to use that.

It isn't working for me either, and I don't have any add-on items or lightning deals in my cart - it's all physical items with Prime shipping. Weird!

Mommy_Mea
02-22-2017, 04:23 PM
It isn't working for me either, and I don't have any add-on items or lightning deals in my cart - it's all physical items with Prime shipping. Weird!
The fine print says it has to be sold by Amazon, I think that it isn't working in my cart full of prime items :(

jam224
02-22-2017, 04:26 PM

Make sure that all the items are sold by Amazon. Amazon Warehouse deals don't count. I'm not sure if "fulfilled by Amazon" qualifies. I bought 6 items (one wasn't even in stock) and I was able to use the code.

The fine print says it has to be sold by Amazon, I think that it isn't working in my cart full of prime items :(

We cross-posted! :) There's a filter on the left-hand sidebar that you can specify "Amazon.com" as a seller, if that helps!

citymama
02-22-2017, 07:00 PM
I have $75 of amazon.com items and it isn't working for me. Boo!

liz
02-22-2017, 07:37 PM
Thanks! Bought myself some Keen sadals :)

Snow mom
02-22-2017, 07:38 PM
I have $75 of amazon.com items and it isn't working for me. Boo!

There must be some excluded items or something. I've used the code since you posted so it certainly isn't dead.

jgenie
02-22-2017, 07:59 PM
I couldn't get it to work on anything in my cart so I bought a Nordstrom gift card.

calebsmama03
02-22-2017, 10:49 PM
I hate when amazon does these sales that are impossible to use! I've tried every combo of saved things from my cart, tried with different items, it seems things that used to be shipped and sold by Amazon are now suddenly all 3rd party sellers. Something tells me they'll all be back to S&S by Amazon tomorrow. :(

babyonway
02-22-2017, 11:07 PM
I couldn't get it to work on anything in my cart so I bought a Nordstrom gift card.

I couldn't deal with it so just bought a gift card too!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

ourbabygirl
02-23-2017, 10:47 AM
Thanks, OP and PP! I couldn't get it to work on an Amazon gift card, either (not so smart on Amazon's part?), so I used it on a Nordstrom gc, too. :)

newnana
02-23-2017, 10:58 AM
same as others, I couldn't get it to work with anything in my cart, so huge thanks to Jennifer for the list of GCs. I did Panera. Woohoo, one place my whole family can agree on!

jam224
02-23-2017, 01:10 PM
Thanks, OP and PP! I couldn't get it to work on an Amazon gift card, either (not so smart on Amazon's part?), so I used it on a Nordstrom gc, too. :)
That was part of the fine print -- it wasn't supposed to work on Amazon gift cards. (Someone on Slickdeals even tried to use it on a new Prime membership and that was a huge flop.) I was really surprised that it worked on third party gift cards! Nordstrom was an excellent choice! 😊

same as others, I couldn't get it to work with anything in my cart, so huge thanks to Jennifer for the list of GCs. I did Panera. Woohoo, one place my whole family can agree on!
My husband did the same -- it was late by the time he got home, so he just used the discount on a couple of gift cards (First Watch and Chipotle). Panera is a popular choice here too! 😉 You're welcome!

legaleagle
02-23-2017, 01:35 PM

Just change the "www" to "smile" in the URL.

Amy G
02-23-2017, 01:57 PM
I tried to buy shoes last night, both shipping from Amazon, with no luck. I gave up.