PDA

View Full Version : s/o thread: Who should play Mulan in the live action Mulan movie??

Corie
02-24-2017, 12:33 PM
After reading the thread about who should play Ariel in Little Mermaid, it got me thinking about Mulan. Mulan is being made into a live action
movie.

Who should play Mulan?

lizzywednesday
02-24-2017, 07:38 PM
This is an excellent question and one I wish I could answer, but can't because I don't know enough Asian actors who aren't, say, Lea Salonga (who is Filipina), Ming Na (who was the speaking voice for Mulan in the original films) or Daniel Dae Kim (who should be in everything as a romantic lead because he is just that attractive) and that makes me sad.

It's going to be really challenging to find the right cast.

sariana
02-24-2017, 08:16 PM
Maybe Madison Hu, if she doesn't have to sing.

Corie
02-24-2017, 08:32 PM
Maybe Madison Hu, if she doesn't have to sing.

Okay, that brings up a good question. What age is Mulan supposed to be? I can't remember her age.

I like Constance Wu from Fresh off the Boats but she is 34 yrs. old.

I also love Steven Yeun from The Walking Dead. (Love Glenn!)

sariana
02-24-2017, 08:42 PM
I've never actually seen the movie.

If older, what about Jamie Chung, who played/s her on "Once upon a Time"?

PZMommy
02-24-2017, 09:27 PM
In the movie she is quite young. I want to say late teens. I have no idea who should play Mulan in a live action movie. Maybe an unknown??

Corie
02-24-2017, 09:33 PM
If older, what about Jamie Chung, who played/s her on "Once upon a Time"?

She is beautiful.

TwinFoxes
02-25-2017, 12:22 AM
Maybe Kimiko Glenn from Orange is the new black? No idea about her singing voice, but I think she has the right look and I like her acting.

I think of Mulan as being 18ish. Based on nothing. :)

Ms B
02-25-2017, 09:20 PM
Maybe Kimiko Glenn from Orange is the new black? No idea about her singing voice, but I think she has the right look and I like her acting.

I think of Mulan as being 18ish. Based on nothing. :)
Kimiko Glenn would be great. She originated the role of Dawn in Waitress on Broadway last year.

I vote for casting Harry Shum Jr. In any role where he can dance. I could watch him all day!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TwinFoxes
02-26-2017, 07:58 AM
I vote for casting Harry Shum Jr. In any role where he can dance. I could watch him all day!

Ooh, that's a great idea.

ilfaith
02-26-2017, 10:26 PM
Auli'i Cravalho, the actress who voiced Moana.

Yes...I am watching the Oscars and she just performed.