PDA

View Full Version : Rock dog anyone?

jgenie
02-25-2017, 04:49 PM
Thinking of taking DS2 - 7 yo to see this. Has anyone seen it? Reviews?

firstbaby
02-25-2017, 10:34 PM
Went to see it today with DS who is 5 almost 6. He loved it. I didn't dislike it but didn't really enjoy it. It does have some language that bothered me - there was a scene that two characters were arguing and you could tell where a bad word would go in the conversation but then a loud car would drive by to drown out the word, using words like frick, etc. I didn't think it was necessary. Really would have rather waited for Redbox because don't think it was worthy of movie ticket prices if that makes sense.

TwinFoxes
02-26-2017, 07:45 AM
It looks awful.

lizzywednesday
02-26-2017, 03:23 PM
It looks awful.

:yeahthat:

I thought I was getting old, cranky, or both.

DD has expressed a desire to see it, but I don't think I'll be taking her. (She also wants to see The Boss Baby, which I want to see even less. *shudder*)

lizzywednesday
02-26-2017, 03:25 PM
... I didn't dislike it but didn't really enjoy it. ... Really would have rather waited for Redbox because don't think it was worthy of movie ticket prices if that makes sense.

Thank you. I'm really lukewarm-to-cold about seeing it, but so many of these animated films being released between now and May look TERRIBLE.

I felt kind of "meh" about Secret Life of Pets and this sounds like it's along those lines. (Language isn't really a deciding factor; lack of a cohesive plot, OTOH, is absolutely a deal-breaker.)

PZMommy
02-26-2017, 04:18 PM
My 7 yr old wants to see it, but I said no way. It looks awful! We can only afford to go to the movies every couple of months, so we need to pick wisely.

SnuggleBuggles
02-26-2017, 04:40 PM
I don't think I'd even pay to rent it.
It's one of those crappy kid movies that you can't believe gets made.
I haven't read reviews though so maybe there's a chance it's better than I'm imagining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlu
02-26-2017, 05:32 PM
dog loving 12yo DS doesn't want to see it. thought it looked bad.