PDA

View Full Version : ProActive anyone?

Soccermomm
02-27-2017, 09:12 AM
Just wondering if anyone here uses this. Thinking of getting this for my teen. Would love to know your thoughts.

mom2binsd
02-27-2017, 09:27 AM
There are quite a few threads on skin care for teens if you search. The consensus is it is a waste of money, take him to the dermatologist (skip the pediatrician or regular doctor).

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

PZMommy
02-27-2017, 10:27 AM
I used it, and it worked okay, but I didn't continue my subscription past the initial order. I basically needed something to clear up an outbreak that just kept coming back. It stopped that breakout cycle, and I stopped using it.

trcy
02-27-2017, 10:49 AM
I used it, and it worked okay, but I didn't continue my subscription past the initial order. I basically needed something to clear up an outbreak that just kept coming back. It stopped that breakout cycle, and I stopped using it.

I have used this for a similar reason http://www.acnefree.com/acne-treatment/severe-acne-24-hour-acne-clearing-system
It is very similar to proactive but a fraction of the cost and available at most stores. If it's an ongoing issue I would see a dermatologist.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

AnnieW625
02-27-2017, 02:57 PM
I used it for a month in my mid 20s as I had gotten some samples and it worked for me but it was very drying so I stopped usising it. I took Accutane when I was 18 so my skin is dryer than normal, but if your son has cystic acne that isn't going away I would try that or the Acne Free system which I have heard good things about as well. I treated on a regular basis for 12 yrs. with a dermatologist from age 15 until 27 and took a wide variety of medications and even after Accutane still needed oral meds. until I stopped eating a lot of products with wheat in them when I was 27 to solve some ins issues and my need for oral acne meds went away. I have seen a deem on a not so regular basis and use Aczone, and Tazorac on an as needed basis now. I also love Kiehl's Herbal gel cleanser and that helps a ton with blackheads.