PDA

View Full Version : How would you spend your birthday,

ourbabygirl
02-27-2017, 06:58 PM
if you had the day (mostly) to yourself?
My older kids have school, and DH said he'll watch the younger one for a portion of the day... I'm wondering what would be the best use of my time, without spending a lot of money & feeling too rushed.

How would you spend the day, or how have you spent it, if you had a really enjoyable/ memorable birthday (or any day that you could choose what you wanted to do)?

Thanks for your input! :)

SnuggleBuggles
02-27-2017, 07:01 PM
Lunch out with friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essnce629
02-27-2017, 07:02 PM
Sleeping in, going for a deep tissue massage, and then taking a long epsom salt bath afterwards.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

jgenie
02-27-2017, 07:18 PM
Lunch out with friends.

:yeahthat: without having to rush after for bus or pick up.

ged
02-27-2017, 07:40 PM
Not quite the same, but I celebrated last week by inviting girlfriends out for dessert. I still had to work during the day, and put kids down for bed (as did many other friends), but we all gathered after kids bedtime and had a good two hours for cake. It was great. If I had most of the day off, it would also most certainly include food and friends. I would also probably love a massage or spa hours, but not sure if that would really happen.

MMMommy
02-27-2017, 09:02 PM
I would love to sleep in, not have to make school lunches, breakfast, not have to rush and bark orders at the kids in the morning. Then, maybe see a movie and have a good lunch. That would be a gift to me!

BDKmom
02-27-2017, 09:15 PM
My biggest wish for birthdays and Mothers Days is always time to be off duty in terms of childcare. So that would mean DH gets the kids out of the house in the morning and/or home in the afternoon, I'm not in charge of what everyone eats for the day, stuff like that. With free time I would probably sleep in, get a pedicure, and have lunch with a friend. Or watch some junky tv or go to a movie.

Pear
02-27-2017, 09:15 PM
I'd go to a movie.

StantonHyde
02-27-2017, 09:49 PM
A good long run, a favorite lunch, a massage or a pedicure. Just being free of the afternoon pick up/rush!!

mm123
02-27-2017, 10:47 PM
Last Mother's Day, I had the 'day off'. I went to the gym, then went out for a quiet lunch by myself, and then came home and took a nap. I'm a major introvert, so for me, this was a heavenly day :)

Kindra178
02-28-2017, 12:15 AM
Coffee out alone with the newspaper, barre class or some other workout, breakfast out alone with the same newspaper, shower with nobody asking questions and/or pounding on shower door, all meals prepared for my kids, shopping by myself without rushing back, pedicure and cocktail at a bar where no one talks to me. Then I snuggle my boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

mikala
02-28-2017, 12:31 AM
My absolute dream includes as many of these as possible... No meal prep or housework, someone else deals with kid whining and diapers while I pick the fun parts of parenting, lunch with friends, yoga class, nap, nice dinner out with DH.

azzeps
02-28-2017, 01:04 AM
I'd spend the day sewing, either at home or at a place where you can rent time on their sewing machines. All the other suggestions sound lovely, too. Do you have a special hobby you don't get to devote much time to?

WatchingThemGrow
02-28-2017, 06:49 AM
Funny, but I finally figured out that DH the introvert wanted alone time for his bday. When the D.C woke, I asked them to dress and sneak outside. I took them out from 6:03 am until almost noon when DH texted he had done the laundry, changed the sheets, applied lawn chemicals, cleaned the kitchen, and was going for a bike ride to see his dad at the nursing home. It was awesome to hear so much got done.

All this to say that introverts and extroverts crave different experiences. I would like a nice day on the lake with another family and some boats. :)

jayali
02-28-2017, 09:04 AM
My birthday was Saturday and I am embarrassed to say we cleaned closets! Both my husband and son HATE doing any sort of chores, especially on Saturday, but I work and the closets and drawers were in bad shape, so we got up early and cleaned closets for a few hours. DS went to play basketball with his friends and so my husband and I went to lunch. Then DH ran errands with me without complaining! It was a GREAT day. Lots done and no whining from my boys.

Oh and we had Chinese takeout and cupcake, with good friends, for dinner!

DualvansMommy
02-28-2017, 09:26 AM
Love to have a WHOLE day without being "on" to make breakfast, pack lunches, morning rush, school drop/pickups. It'll be all down to DH.

Sleep in, enjoy my leisurely coffee with morning news (I never watch as it is!), go out for nice morning walk, then head out for a half day spa for 2-3 different treatments. Then end my day with fun dinner out with my girlfriends. This way, I get best of both worlds in getting my alone time and bit of social time.

hillview
02-28-2017, 09:43 AM
sleep in, brunch with friends, movie alone or with friends, massage, cocktails with friends.

ellies mom
02-28-2017, 11:32 AM
I'd spend the day sewing, either at home or at a place where you can rent time on their sewing machines. All the other suggestions sound lovely, too. Do you have a special hobby you don't get to devote much time to?

This would be my day too. I have a craft room but never the time or energy to really take advantage of it.

I'd spend a few hours hitting up my favorite fabric/yarn stores. Eat a nice lunch and spend the rest of the day in my craft room with coffee and music.

I agree with either spending time on a hobby you enjoy or taking a class to discover a new one.