PDA

View Full Version : How can I watch previous episodes of a TV show's current season??

SASM
02-28-2017, 01:30 PM
I am addicted to "Jane the Virgin"...sooo good!! I just finished up Seasons 1&2 on Netflix. Season 3 is current. I looked at my cable provider's On Demand options and it only has Season 3 - Episodes 8 to current. I checked the WB (network) app & website and I believe it was the same. The available options do not start from the season premiere. Am I missing something? Are there any free options to watch episodes 1-7?? All I can think of is 1) buy them on Apple TV or 2) wait until they are released to Netflix. Although the series is REALLY GOOD about recapping at the beginning of each episode, I would love to see the episodes that I've missed. :(

Thank you!

pharmjenn
03-01-2017, 12:41 AM
The On Demand options usually only give you a set number of episodes and then start dropping the older ones. I think Hulu may have earlier episodes from this season, but I don't use them. I have had this happen with shows I am catching up on and usually end up stopping that show and waiting till they available later.

liz
03-01-2017, 09:27 AM
I love Jane the Virgin too! I usually Tivo a whole season of a show and then watch it over a short period (I refuse to use the term binge watching, hate that term). Anyway, I somehow missed recording a few episodes and couldn't wait, so I joined Netflix just to catch up. Sadly, I couldn't find anyway to find any other way to catch up on more current episodes.

Off topic, but for those of you who watch Netflix and Jane the Virgin-- why doesn't it show subtitles for Jane's abuela when she speaks in Spanish? On TV, you see the translation on the bottom of the screen. On Netflix, I had no luck unless I added subtitles for the entire episode (and they are ghastly large yellow subtitles that take up a third of the screen). Once I caught up on my missing episodes, I went back to my Tivo because of this issue.

SASM
03-01-2017, 11:18 AM
I love Jane the Virgin too! I usually Tivo a whole season of a show and then watch it over a short period (I refuse to use the term binge watching, hate that term). Anyway, I somehow missed recording a few episodes and couldn't wait, so I joined Netflix just to catch up. Sadly, I couldn't find anyway to find any other way to catch up on more current episodes.

Off topic, but for those of you who watch Netflix and Jane the Virgin-- why doesn't it show subtitles for Jane's abuela when she speaks in Spanish? On TV, you see the translation on the bottom of the screen. On Netflix, I had no luck unless I added subtitles for the entire episode (and they are ghastly large yellow subtitles that take up a third of the screen). Once I caught up on my missing episodes, I went back to my Tivo because of this issue.
i didn't have a problem with the subtitles while using Netflix. Not sure if it was something that I set up a while ago, but my Netflix apps only subtitled Abuela. I noticed that the subtitling font was different between live TV and my app substitles.