PDA

View Full Version : hair product in lieu of blowdrying?

DualvansMommy
02-28-2017, 10:29 PM
since i started cowashing my hair last fall, thanks to the tips on BBB here, my hair is looking lot better those days! However, i lately have started to shower at nighttime more often than in the mornings daily, and have not blowdried my hair after washing/showering. Big mistake, next day my hair looks like a bird nest! But my hair is thinning and i want to protect my hair as much i can, hence reducing the nights i need to blowdry.

products to use to help my hair looking decent for next day to put on damp hair?

Percycat
03-01-2017, 01:25 AM
I wash my hair in the morning and use the air vents in my car to dry my hair on my way to work. I have naturally curly hair and it looks the same when I dry in my car as when I air dry. It takes me about 20 minutes to get to work.

ang79
03-01-2017, 10:52 AM
I usually shower at night and let my hair partially air dry before I go to bed. Then I pull it up into a bun to sleep to help keep it tangle free. I do use Biosilk on it after I shower, not sure if that helps tame it any though. My 8 yr. old DD always has crazy bedhead in the morning, but its worse if I don't put it in a high ponytail for her to sleep in (like has knots and tangles everywhere).

AnnieW625
03-08-2017, 06:02 PM
I sleep with my hair in a hair towel (I like the Turbie Twist) and the hair towel ends up falling out while I am sleeping. In the AM I add Deva Curl Coconut Styler to the curls and brush with my fingers. On the second day I will add Deva Curl Be-leave In gel and again brush with my fingers. On the 3rd day I usually resort to a dry shampoo (I am using Batiste now but I think I might try another brand next time), then depending on how wavy my hair is I will just use the Be-leave In or if it needs a little more help then I will use a mix of the Cocunut styler and Be-leave in. My hair is more wavy than curly, it is a little longer than chin length, and it is really thick so I am no help with finer or really curly hair.

I have tried curl products from Deva Curl, Ouidad, Enjoy, and Bamboo by Alterna, and I like the Deva ones best, but I have heard good things about Living Proof so I might try that next time.

I also do a weekly Morrocan Oil hydrating mask treatment and wash with a cleansing shampoo weekly (Redken Cleansing Cream) because my scalp was really itchy and my hair was starting to frizz more and both the Redken and the Moroccan Oil have helped with those issues.

FWIW I still comb or brush my hair on nights before bed when I don't wash it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cagey
03-08-2017, 08:39 PM
I've always done a bedtime wash, and usually go 3-4 Days between washing. I've always done a quick blow dry (even with my bra strap lengt and thick hair it's about 10 min). I've just started using Keretase L' incroyablebefore drying which is AWESOME. I use to flat iron and curl every morning. And now? Just lightly brush. It even seems to keep the day 4 hair decent looking

http://www.kerastase-usa.com/l-incroyable/E1706400.html

almostmom
03-09-2017, 02:56 PM
omg, I also dry my hair in the car that way! I thought I was the only one...

Globetrotter
03-18-2017, 10:50 AM
I use car vents to dry my hair!

SnuggleBuggles
03-18-2017, 10:55 AM
My Amazing Blow Dry Secret spray.