PDA

View Full Version : "One Day at a Time" on Netflix

♥ms.pacman♥
03-01-2017, 01:09 AM
If you haven't checked out this show, I think it's worth checking out. It's a Netflix original series (sitcom), just came out this year. I just watched it on a whim one day when I was on the treadmill and I was hooked! DH & I have watched the first five or six episodes so far, and it's pretty dang good!! SO funny. Way way better than I had expected.

i like is that the protagonist is a single mom, Latina, Army vet, and not a size 0 like basically all other female sitcom stars. And the teen daughter is a geek. :) the grandma is HILARIOUS..probably makes the show. Reminds me a lot of my own grandmother. also, it brings up issues that are normally taboo in sitcoms (equal pay, mental health, veterans' issues, etc)

curious if anybody else watching it?

rlu
03-01-2017, 01:11 AM
off to google if that is based on the Valerie Bertinelli's show from way back when.

eta: it is a reboot! new version sounds interesting. (I am getting too old for this board!)

anonomom
03-01-2017, 07:42 AM
I loved it, though DH dropped out about 2/3 of the way through. He felt it was too "very special episode" at times. I think the acting was wonderful and I liked the storylines.

AnnieW625
03-01-2017, 11:40 AM
I haven't seen it yet. I loved the original and it was my favorite show from the age of 5-7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zukini
03-01-2017, 01:30 PM
I watched the entire thing in a serious binge watch (in bed, with headphones, at times) after it was suggested to me by Netflix. Finish the entire season! It was great, touched on and opened up quite a few more storylines and themes by the end. I hope they continue on with Season 2.

♥ms.pacman♥
04-07-2017, 12:03 AM
I watched the entire thing in a serious binge watch (in bed, with headphones, at times) after it was suggested to me by Netflix. Finish the entire season! It was great, touched on and opened up quite a few more storylines and themes by the end. I hope they continue on with Season 2.

Ok we finally finished watching it the other day. Wow, season finale was awesome..and heartbreaking at the same time. I just read that it is being renewed for 2nd season...woo-hoo!! I can't recommend this show enough. All the characters are hilarious.

JustMe
04-07-2017, 12:46 AM
Ok we finally finished watching it the other day. Wow, season finale was awesome..and heartbreaking at the same time. I just read that it is being renewed for 2nd season...woo-hoo!! I can't recommend this show enough. All the characters are hilarious.

Glad to to hear it is being renewed. We have one episode left (so no spoilers please), and the kids and I love it. It took me almost towards the end of the first episode to get hooked, but I have been hooked since then.

ged
04-07-2017, 11:22 AM
I've watched about 4 episodes? I like it, but don't love it. That being said, I will probably watch more episodes. It is cute, but a tad too cute for me.

♥ms.pacman♥
04-07-2017, 11:29 AM
I've watched about 4 episodes? I like it, but don't love it. That being said, I will probably watch more episodes. It is cute, but a tad too cute for me.

I know what you mean...the first few episodes had more or Disney-family- channel-ish /Full House-like feel. I would keep watching, the last few episodes get way more serious.

lizzywednesday
04-07-2017, 03:21 PM
The entire cast is spectacular, but, yeah Rita Moreno (Abuela) is a total scene-stealer and I absolutely love Justina Machado.

Some of the episodes made me laugh so hard, I found myself wheezing and the lead-up to that finale had me reaching for the Kleenex.

I'm happy it's been picked up for a 2nd season!

ged
04-07-2017, 03:27 PM
I know what you mean...the first few episodes had more or Disney-family- channel-ish /Full House-like feel. I would keep watching, the last few episodes get way more serious.

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up.