PDA

View Full Version : WHITE duvet cover?

bisous
03-02-2017, 02:13 PM
We have a queen bed. We have a queen duvet. But it feels too small for our bed. I'm super picky about pattern and I'm cheap. I'd like to buy an inexpensive all white king sized duvet and duvet cover from ikea. My DH would be ever so happy.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30046474/#/00046475

Is a white duvet cover the worst idea ever? We have four kids including a 3yo who is home with me all day. The kids don't spend much time in my room but they do come in here. I keep it "locked" (with a door monkey) during most of the day.

Would you do it?

Philly Mom
03-02-2017, 02:16 PM
I love my white sheets and duvet cover. At this point, it is the only thing I would get for my bed, which come to think of it, we need new sheets soon. :)

umsh
03-02-2017, 02:28 PM
I always wanted a white duvet and decided to just go for it when my kids were all btwn 2-5 yrs old (so probably 3-4 yrs ago)...yeah there have been some messes but I've tried to spot treat as soon as possible and it's been ok. It's not as bright white as it used to be :) but since it was cheap (Target clearance), I figure I can easily replace once the kids are a little bit older. If it makes you both happy it's worth it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisous
03-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Good to hear! Maybe I can layer it somehow with my printed duvet over the top to protect it.

ourbabygirl
03-02-2017, 02:53 PM
We just switched to a white bed... can't remember what it's called, but it's like a thin quilt that covers the rest of the bed (so not an actual duvet). I'm kind of anal with my kids (youngest is 2), who've now gotten into a phase of jumping on it and having pillow fights, doing gymnastics on it, etc. I just make sure they have clean feet and hands. :). I love white; so cheery and fresh looking!

smilequeen
03-02-2017, 03:05 PM
We have white. The bleachable aspect makes it actually really easy. We have all white towels too. We do have a print duvet folded up at the end of the bed and texture in shams/pillows for interest.