PDA

View Full Version : lving room wall decor-any creative ideas????

boilermakermom
03-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Any suggestions for where to find living room wall decor? I am open to anything. Hobby Lobby and Kohl's are usually a good places, but I haven't had any luck there in the last year or so, at least not for LR wall decor. No real defined style in the room; I don't do country motif. I have one large floral poppy piece on the largest wall already. The wall behind my TV is completely empty. It's depressing!! I want to hang one or two framed pics of the kiddos, then some framed art type pieces. Where are good places to look?

I have medium brown oak floors, dark red couch and a dark brown leather chair and couch. Lots of natural light, light cream colored curtains.

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
03-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Etsy if you can narrow things down at all (otherwise you'll log in and stay there forever!)

Target, TJ Maxx/ Marshall's/ Home Goods, Pier 1, 10,000 Villages, museums, art museums online shops, IKEA

KpbS
03-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Do you have a local consignment market? There are some great pieces in a store here that need new homes. People redecorate or move and there are all sorts of styles to choose from--it's just about finding the piece that suits your style and budget. I saw a couple of possibilities once also at the store At Home and also HomeGoods has a good selection.

boilermakermom
03-02-2017, 04:01 PM
I frequent Home Goods often, and I am always disappointed I can't find anything. My walls are bare, with the exception on the floral piece. I suppose I don't really know where to start. I have a large wall, with a tv in the middle. What do I put on both sides? Does it need to match?

SnuggleBuggles
03-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Adding Crate and Barrel, West Elm and Pottery Barb type places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
03-02-2017, 04:07 PM
I frequent Home Goods often, and I am always disappointed I can't find anything. My walls are bare, with the exception on the floral piece. I suppose I don't really know where to start. I have a large wall, with a tv in the middle. What do I put on both sides? Does it need to match?

How large? How much space is there on either side?

boilermakermom
03-02-2017, 04:24 PM
5-6' on each side of the TV. We have cathedral ceilings in the living room, and huge picture windows with lots of light.

SnuggleBuggles
03-02-2017, 04:37 PM
I googled "art to flank tv on wall" and there were some good images in the results! ETA- this search phrase too "how to decorate around a flat screen tv"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk