PDA

View Full Version : Babocush? Anyone heard of or used it?

MommyAllison
03-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Has anyone heard of or used Babocush? My sister is due with baby 4 this month, and she has high maintenance, colicky babies who don't like to be put down or handed to anyone, even her DH. My mom heard about the Babocush and is thinking about getting it for her, hoping it will help her be able to shower and cook dinner. Any feedback would be super appreciated! www.babocush.com

mikala
03-02-2017, 07:13 PM
I've never heard of this product but the premise intrigues me. I had one of those high maintenance babies and his favorite position was about that angle on my chest. I'm curious to hear feedback on this too. It seems like a great idea for really colicky infants that may not last long with safety regs and all the back is best messaging.

AnnieW625
03-02-2017, 09:44 PM
I wouldn't buy it unless I was able to try it with the baby first. Who knows this baby could be different and each baby could have different likes and dislikes. My DD1 has zero colick symptoms and slept pretty well for a newborn (in a pnp at night until 3 monthsbut in the crib during the day from 6 weeks) , but DD2 was the complete opposite and colicky, had reflux from birth and would rarely sleep for more than an hour a day from about 3 weeks old. She would sleep well in the Beco carrier on my chest, in a stroller, and in the infant seat (I swore by my stroller frame) and until she was 6 weeks old would sleep swaddled in a Miracle Blanket in a stroller bassinet (we continued the swaddle blanket until almost 3 months). Dd1 loved the swinging and the motion from it and DD2 hated it. Neither of my kids enjoyed tummy time until they could roll over by themselves; it was about the only baby thing they had in common.

ETA: I ended up buying one of those minky baby loungers (forgot the name) that was recalled about 2 years later but she finally started sleeping for 90 minutes outside of her car seat, stroller, or Beco when she was 3 months old and it was awesome. Had she not been off the charts in height I probably would've gone with the Rock N Play, but I was afraid she would outgrow it in a month or two.

bisous
03-02-2017, 09:50 PM
I wonder if it would have worked for DS3? I think it might have and honestly if it did it would have been WELL worth the money! However, he was also my houdini. I can see him getting himself out of that thing and getting hurt. (He managed to flip his infant seat over when he was only 2 months old and could extract himself from the bouncy seat at 6 months old by pushing up and raising himself above the lap belt! He also managed to wrap a quilt around his head when he was on his back on a blanket on the floor while I went to the bathroom at age 4 months.)

Indianamom2
03-02-2017, 10:27 PM
I don't know if I would buy it preemptively, but having had one of those babies...if it works, it would be priceless and I probably would have tried it. Very interesting idea!

BunnyBee
03-02-2017, 11:11 PM
I have no idea, but if I were your sister, I'd be cutting out ALL forms of dairy and soy now. It takes 6 weeks to get dairy out of your system, and most signs are pointing to colic being linked to digestive issues. Check out infantreflux.org for colic info. It may not be active currently, but there's great information there. The forums on babycenter on MSPI can be helpful as well.

petesgirl
03-03-2017, 12:03 AM
Funny, I was just researching this last week. My first was very difficult and, as others have said, if it worked it would be worth any price! But, I'm skeptical and my DH is cheap so we will probably pass. I also don't like that it appears that you have to buy several different pieces or something like that... Can't remember now.

Indianamom2
03-03-2017, 09:10 AM
I also highly recommend this. It was an issue with my second, and probably contributed with my first.

gatorsmom
03-03-2017, 10:40 AM
Has anyone heard of or used Babocush? My sister is due with baby 4 this month, and she has high maintenance, colicky babies who don't like to be put down or handed to anyone, even her DH. My mom heard about the Babocush and is thinking about getting it for her, hoping it will help her be able to shower and cook dinner. Any feedback would be super appreciated! www.babocush.com (http://www.babocush.com)

DS3 was colicky for 7 months and the only way I could calm him down was by holding him on my chest and walking for hours. It was particularly hard because he is a twin! DD never got held when DH was out of town because I was always trying to calm down Ds3. So this babocush pillow would have been a lifesaver. Op, if your sister knows she will probably have a colicky baby and it's her 4th, I'd encourage your mom to get it for her!!

Kestrel
03-04-2017, 01:50 PM
I love the idea, it seems well thought out. However, I'm always hesitant to try a new infant product, I'd rather it had proven effective and safe first. I just don't know. Also, the price seems high for what you're getting.

specialp
03-04-2017, 02:00 PM
A high school friend I only keep up with on social media posted about how wonderful it was recently. He received a lot of undeserved criticism (babies should sleep on their back and more annoying comments like "I always had time to hold my babies" from mostly older generation folks), but he loved and raved about it. None of mine were colicky and we never even used a pack n' play, but I would certainly try it if I had a need.