PDA

View Full Version : Teachers - bulletin boards

niccig
03-03-2017, 09:13 PM
I still haven't decorated the bulletin boards in my room? Hang head in shame. It's been a busy year. I have some laminated 9x11 visual aids I want to put on one bulletin board, but I want to get them down to use with students as needed. I don't want to use thumbtacks on the visual as over time, they'll get damaged. How can I put something up so it's easily taken down to use and then put back on the bulletin board?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=87652)

hillview
03-03-2017, 09:15 PM
I still haven't decorated the bulletin boards in my room? Hang head in shame. It's been a busy year. I have some laminated 9x11 visual aids I want to put on one bulletin board, but I want to get them down to use with students as needed. I don't want to use thumbtacks on the visual as over time, they'll get damaged. How can I put something up so it's easily taken down to use and then put back on the bulletin board?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=87652)
Maybe Velcro would work?

umsh
03-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Painters tape!

I wish I had thought of this while I was still teaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squimp
03-03-2017, 09:34 PM
Moms love to help with projects like that. Do you have a room mom? I can think of several moms in my DD's group who would love to use their scrapbooking skills to make a display. Not me of course!

SnuggleBuggles
03-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Command strips and all Command stuff- they make so many cool things.

ArizonaGirl
03-03-2017, 10:33 PM

I have these for my cubical and they work pretty well.

niccig
03-04-2017, 01:37 AM
Moms love to help with projects like that. Do you have a room mom? I can think of several moms in my DD's group who would love to use their scrapbooking skills to make a display. Not me of course!

I'm a SLP, not a classroom teacher, so no room parent to help.

SnuggleBuggles
03-04-2017, 06:57 AM
I'm a SLP, not a classroom teacher, so no room parent to help.

Find and ask the head room parent. They'll round up a helper!

SnuggleBuggles
03-04-2017, 07:00 AM
Ask the head room parent. They'll find help.

PZMommy
03-04-2017, 11:37 AM
Ask the head room parent. They'll find help.

A lot of schools out here don't have room parents. Our PTA usually has a list of parents that are willing to help with things, but you can't always rely that they will get it done the way you want it to look.

If you have paper on your boards your options will be limited, as most things will rip the paper. Even Velcro will not work. As you pull your item off, it puts a lot of pressure on the paper, and it will pull off both parts of the Velcro and rip the paper. Been there, done that. If you do not have paper, velcro could work. I used to Velcro things onto my cabinets and walls. I also found these little sticky back squares at Lakeshore to hang things on walls and cabinets. They would come off easy enough without ripping paint, but again those wouldn't work for paper. For paper, I would use push pins, but just make sure to put the pin in the same hole each time, so as to not create many holes on your products. Also laminate everything!

craftysierra
03-04-2017, 11:59 AM
We used a wax like adhesive in our PTA room. It was from the teacher store. It may not hold a large laminated item, but no holes :)

nfowife
03-04-2017, 01:17 PM
You can laminate and punch holes in the corners and attach rings and hang the rings on thumbtacks. Or hang them on hooks like command hooks or cork board hooks.
You can staple yarn like a clothesline and attach the sign with clothespins.
You can attach the black binder clips to the corners and hang those on thumbtacks.

jam224
03-04-2017, 01:47 PM
You can laminate and punch holes in the corners and attach rings and hang the rings on thumbtacks. Or hang them on hooks like command hooks or cork board hooks.
You can staple yarn like a clothesline and attach the sign with clothespins.
You can attach the black binder clips to the corners and hang those on thumbtacks.
I had the same ideas! :) I was also going to suggest binder clips and pushpins. You could even take the front wire part off the binder clip after you put it on the poster. Just squeeze it together and it will slip off the black part.
Other ideas:
You could use pants hangers with clips and pushpins.
You could put grommets in the corners and pushpins.
You could put binder rings in the corners and pushpins.

PZMommy
03-04-2017, 01:48 PM

This is an awesome idea!!! I'm filing this idea away for future use!!