PDA

View Full Version : Container store multipurpose bins on sale!

legaleagle
03-04-2017, 11:23 AM
I believe they skipped this 30% off sale last year so time to stock up....

https://www.containerstore.com/s/office/paper-file-storage/portable/multi-purpose-bins/123d?productId=10022942

babyonway
03-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Is this in store and online?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

legaleagle
03-04-2017, 11:27 PM
AFAIK the sales are always both. I often order online for in store pickup because then I can use ebates and even more importantly you can call ahead and they have it waiting out front and put it in the car for you :)

Green_Tea
03-04-2017, 11:37 PM
What do people commonly use these for? I have never made a Container Store purchase but could be convinced!

mmsmom
03-05-2017, 10:11 AM
What do people commonly use these for? I have never made a Container Store purchase but could be convinced!

I use them mostly on shelves in closets. In my closet I have several large that hold my gym clothes. Pants in one, tanks in another, shorts/ tennis skirts in another. In my pantry there are various sizes. One for pasta, one for baking supplies, etc.

I love the smalls for the kids homework. I keep a pencil case in each with everything they need for homework along with any other school papers so if we need to do homework away from home I just grab the bin. Same for DD's piano books...small bin on piano with books so she can just grab bin to go to lesson.

zukeypur
03-05-2017, 06:09 PM
I use them for organizing the deep freeze and pantry.

jgenie
03-05-2017, 07:06 PM
I use them..
- in the freezer to keep shelves organized
- under bathroom sinks to organize toiletries, travel items
- pantry to organize small packets - one has fruit snacks, another holds carb snacks, third holds dried fruit and nuts, etc.
- playroom to hold small like items together - card games, art supplies, homework supplies, etc.
- laundry room - holds extra cleaning products
- kitchen cabinets - holds lids for containers so they're not all over the place
- large storage closet - to organize extra toiletries - eye care, tooth care, kid meds, adult meds, flashlights, travel / sunscreen, soap, shampoo, shaving supplies, etc.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head but I'm sure there are more. They're really versatile.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

essnce629
03-05-2017, 07:33 PM
I finally jumped on the bandwagon a few months ago! I decided to categorize DS2's books so he could actually find what he was looking for and I put them in my freezer too.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170305/9319c2934d4ffc387e04d4f073a69e8d.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170305/19eab8ce0445a0f1cc71f4652ee0322b.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

KrisM
03-05-2017, 07:55 PM
I have a row of them on the top, high shelf in my pantry. They hold cupcake tins, cake pans, cooling racks, etc that I don't often use. i can just pull out the one I need and nothing else falls on me.

I have a bunch on shelves in the laundry room for extra pantry items - they keep things sorted nicely.

I have some with construction paper, printer paper, ink, scratch paper, etc in a cabinet.

I have some in deep pantry drawers to hold various snacks.

DualvansMommy
03-05-2017, 08:39 PM
I use mine for so many things/rooms;

Freezer to keep separate items together (vegetables in one, chicken/turkey in another, seafood in one, and breakfast items in last one)

Pantry to hold small bags of speciality flours, different shapes of pastas, dried beans and different snacks.

Tons of them in boys playroom to hold books, small items, homework stuff in one bin, colored papers in one and white in another.

Laundry room to hold extra stuff like wipes, travel stuff, suncream, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petesgirl
03-05-2017, 09:28 PM
You guys! All of your ideas have me convinced that I *need* some of these now!

legaleagle
03-05-2017, 10:30 PM
In addition to already mentioned I use the x large size to keep sheet sets together and to hold 12 rolls of toilet paper in the upstairs linen closet.

I use the medium to hold diapers on the changing table and to store the snap tab type lids to glass containers.

hillview
03-05-2017, 11:23 PM
Freezer
linen closet. Every bed has a bin labeled, wash cloths have a bin too & toilet paper (jinx legaleagle)
books
Magazines

Globetrotter
03-06-2017, 02:10 PM
They are like rabbits. I use them for everything and keep adding more! There are many threads on these wondrous containers. I think my favorite part is that you can pull them out easily from hard to reach places.

calebsmama03
03-07-2017, 12:03 AM
The medium (I THINK it's the Medium!) are the perfect size for cans in the pantry. I have a shelf of them with one each for canned tomatoes, beans, soups, coconut milks, etc. I use the next size up for bottles of things like salad dressings, BBQ sauce, etc. I have one for my oils and specialty vinegars (I love this because my sesame oil always seems to leak or drip and this keeps it contained). One for baking supplies (choc chips, etc), one for boxed mixes. I keep one under the kitchen sink for my cleaning supplies, extra dish soap, etc. If my budget were unlimited I could find uses for them everywhere!

ett
03-07-2017, 12:54 AM
They are like rabbits. I use them for everything and keep adding more! There are many threads on these wondrous containers. I think my favorite part is that you can pull them out easily from hard to reach places.

:yeahthat: I use them in the kitchen, pantry, family room, bathroom, bedrooms, closets, so pretty much all over our house.

pastrygirl
03-07-2017, 09:16 AM
I bought them for our pantry in the last house. They're also perfect in our pantry cabinets in our new kitchen, but I need a few more!

I love the piano book idea!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170307/74307a8b0f0a4b8042a8df3929ec6566.jpg

athompson
03-07-2017, 09:39 AM
I just went from, I don't really need these to ordering 21 of them in 57 seconds:wink2:
Thanks! I already see more in my future...

94bruin
03-07-2017, 11:08 AM
I like the piano book idea!

Similarly, I have three bins labeled near our entry door. One is for library books to return. When any family member is done reading a book, it's suppose to go right into the bin.
I take the entire bin and go. The handles make it easy to carry a lot of books.

The other is for items that are for school/extra curricular activities that don't necessarily need to go back right away, eg an assignment for Girl Scouts or binders for once/twice-a-week classes.

A third one corrals my running accessories, eg headphones, water bottle, running pouch, visor, etc.

Another idea that had been mentioned before is to have one in the car to hold kiddie items.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Baby Bargains mobile app

legaleagle
03-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Another idea that had been mentioned before is to have one in the car to hold kiddie items.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Baby Bargains mobile app

Yes the large one is the same width as a boutique tissue box so I keep that in one along with random car stuff, small folding reusable bags etc in the front passenger seat.

Percycat
03-07-2017, 12:34 PM
how long is the sale?

carolinacool
03-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Pastrygirl, what size are the ones holding your cans? You have a cabinet-style pantry like I do, and mine is such a mess!

legaleagle
03-07-2017, 01:06 PM
how long is the sale?

Website says 4/2 - part of the pantry sale

pastrygirl
03-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Pastrygirl, what size are the ones holding your cans? You have a cabinet-style pantry like I do, and mine is such a mess!

I think that's the large size. I'm pretty sure the medium size is one up from the bottom on the right, and can't fit cans side-by-side. I'll double check when I get home!

carolinacool
03-07-2017, 02:50 PM
Awesome. Thanks for checking later!

teresah00
03-19-2017, 12:23 AM
Agree, they are like bunnies. I have them under my kitchen sink- one for washcothes,e for towels and one for cleaning supplies. Lots in my pantry. Pretty sure I sue the medium and store cans lying on their side. I don't buy much in a can, mostly diced tomatoes and coconut milk that I usually buy in bulk. My boys use them in their closet for underwear and socks. I use them in my bathroom to organize supplies. One holds all DSs asthma meds.
The XL is the only one that has a different depth than the rest. I have one in my pantry w special baking supplies and I keep wanting to change it bc of it. I find the medium and large to be the sizes I use the most.

gymnbomb
03-19-2017, 08:54 AM
I got M and L to help organize my freezer and love them so far! I also have one XL that I got since I was just testing out sizes, but not sure what to do with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zukeypur
03-20-2017, 11:19 PM
DH said "you went BACk to the container store again?":ROTFLMAO:

jam224
03-20-2017, 11:30 PM
Check your email if you're planning to make a large purchase! I was sent a unique code for $15 off of $100 through 3/27.

jvs195
03-21-2017, 07:31 PM
Check your email if you're planning to make a large purchase! I was sent a unique code for $15 off of $100 through 3/27.

What was the title? I ordered $130 in bins but need more!

ett
03-21-2017, 09:30 PM

I got an email for $10 off $150 expiring 3/31. The subject was
Time is Ticking! 15% Off EVERYTHING Kitchen + SAVE $10 Instantly!

jam224
03-21-2017, 11:17 PM

They've sent me 3 emails in total. The original email was sent back in February: "Spend $100 Receive $15 OFF!" Then I've gotten two reminder emails: "Ending Soon! Earn $15 off your purchase!" & "Last chance to earn $15 off your purchase!"

That's so interesting that you got a different offer!

jvs195
03-23-2017, 06:04 AM

THanks. I guess I got yet another version.
Mine said Time is Ticking! 15% Off EVERYTHING Kitchen + SAVE $100 Instantly! and it was $100 off $1000 (which is way too many bins for me)

pastrygirl
03-23-2017, 07:44 PM
Awesome. Thanks for checking later!
Ack!! Sorry for never checking on this! My cans are in the large size. I find the medium size pretty useful, too. The XL doesn't get much love.

carolinacool
03-23-2017, 11:29 PM
Ack!! Sorry for never checking on this! My cans are in the large size. I find the medium size pretty useful, too. The XL doesn't get much love.

No worries! I went with your guess and ordered six large plus two medium. They're supposed to get here tomorrow. I'm excited! Lol

Dream
03-24-2017, 10:43 AM
Any idea when they'll run their Elfa sale again? We're building a house and would like to use the Elfa system in the closets but we're moving in May.

specialp
03-24-2017, 10:54 AM
Any idea when they'll run their Elfa sale again? We're building a house and would like to use the Elfa system in the closets but we're moving in May.

Elfa sale used to be 2x year: Feb/Mar time and Aug/Sept.

legaleagle
03-24-2017, 01:20 PM
Elfa is late December- February (fitting in with NY resolutions?) but they extended it this year I think. In the past couple years as a pop member I've gotten a coupon for may and June so definitely sign up for pop now. Sale in august/September is sometimes more limited - some pieces not on sale.

Dream
03-28-2017, 08:30 AM
Elfa is late December- February (fitting in with NY resolutions?) but they extended it this year I think. In the past couple years as a pop member I've gotten a coupon for may and June so definitely sign up for pop now. Sale in august/September is sometimes more limited - some pieces not on sale.

Thanks for the tip, I'll sign up. May/June would be perfect, we'll be moving around May.

legaleagle
04-01-2017, 03:38 PM
Last weekend! My local store is out of every size though!

gymnbomb
04-01-2017, 04:02 PM
Last weekend! My local store is out of every size though!

I feel like I should go get more, but honestly I have no idea what I would do with them! Loving the ones I got for organizing my freezer and for files at my office though.

DualvansMommy
04-01-2017, 08:06 PM
I feel like I should go get more, but honestly I have no idea what I would do with them! Loving the ones I got for organizing my freezer and for files at my office though.

I feel the same, but same time don't feel too badly in missing out on the sales. I find I go through spurts of buying them in phases as my boys grow older, start outgrowing their toys etc so what we need for storage is always changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

legaleagle
04-02-2017, 08:43 AM
Yes, and even at full price they're not expensive so no need to stockpile just because.