PDA

View Full Version : Job interview

DualvansMommy
03-08-2017, 01:43 PM
Someone I know professionally from my former job before I left the field reached out to me about a potential job.

After talking the basics; i.e. Job description, hours, expectations etc and ballpark of salary, she really wants my resume to pass on to the agency.

I'm thinking this out loud, if I DO send my resume, and get the interview. Should I go for it even when I'm not entirely sure I'll want to take it? It's a fairly new organization and an area I only have little experience. It relates to DV and sexual abuse.

Will that be a bad reflection on me if I go through all the steps and decline the job offer if offered? The job interview would help me to feel out the agency, their organization and vibe though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philly Mom
03-08-2017, 01:58 PM
Go for it!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

Kindra178
03-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Lots of people are offered jobs that they don't take. I think it's always a good idea to get some interview practice in, just for practice sake.

pinkmomagain
03-08-2017, 04:57 PM
I firmly believe in going on interviews and learning about jobs, getting interview experience, etc. Taking it as far as the potential employer brings you. If they offer you a job, then you can determine whether or not to accept. I don't see a downside to declining if you decide to if the time comes.

lizzywednesday
03-08-2017, 06:36 PM
I don't see any downside to putting yourself into consideration, either.

Go for it and best of luck to you!

StantonHyde
03-08-2017, 07:04 PM
I agree with the others--go for it! If you dont' like this job or agency, you got in front of people who may consider you for another job or agency. It never hurts! Good luck!

DualvansMommy
03-08-2017, 08:54 PM
Thanks all! Will send in my resume tomorrow. It's been 13 years since my last interview! So could always use the practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk