PDA

View Full Version : reasonably priced roman shades?

coolae
03-08-2017, 04:33 PM
Hi! (Posting here for traffic!)

We are purchasing a second home at the beach and the whole thing needs new shades. Custom roman shades are too pricey, but the quality of those I'm seeing online seem questionable. I'd love some nice white cotton ones for a good price. Does anyone have any to recommend? Or is there another shade "look" I should consider??

3isEnough
03-08-2017, 06:36 PM
I bought some from JC Penney at Christmas time after a recommendation here. I really liked them and the quality but I couldn't force them to fit my windows properly so I returned them (meaning I had hoped that I could make the standard sizes they offered fit my non-standard sized windows, but in the end it wouldn't work). I have high-quality, expensive Smith & Noble shades throughout most of my house (the JCP were just for 1 room) and while the JCP weren't comparable in quality, they were certainly good enough.

Actually, it just occurred to me that I also had one set made by Windows by Melissa on Etsy and those came out great and were well-priced. Definitely check her Etsy shop.

coolae
03-09-2017, 10:08 PM
Thank you for this response! The Windows by Melissa site looks awesome.

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcpenney-home-cotton-duck-thermal-roman-shade/prod.jump?ppId=1d6e416

Are these the shades you had from JC Penney??

pastrygirl
03-10-2017, 09:50 AM
I couldn't find any, so I started making my own. I need to make them for 8 rooms, 2-5 windows each... I've finished 4 rooms so far and love how they're coming out!

coolae
03-10-2017, 11:57 AM
you go girl!