PDA

View Full Version : How Often Do You Paint Interior Trim/Wood Work?

carolinamama
03-10-2017, 01:36 PM
That's the question - how often do you do a complete paint job of the wood work in your home?

Ours needs at least a good touch up (and we are having our whole interior painted) but we have lots of trim between all the baseboards, crown molding everywhere, transoms, coffered (?) ceilings, windows, and some walls have wainscoting I think it is called. Plus doors! Closet shelves, pantry shelves. Oh, my that sounds like even more when I type it out!!

It's currently a cream color (SW moderate white) that isn't the easiest to match with more current wall colors. Trying to decide if I should bite the bullet and change out all the colors or keep the same.

SnuggleBuggles
03-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Well, after 13 years, dh went around one afternoon and simply touched them up with matching paint. Didn't need to reprint everything. The touch ups were enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hillview
03-10-2017, 03:09 PM
we are almost 10 years in and really need to repaint everything in part because we've had a couple of leaks in ceilings and in part because the original paint we picked is awful (although I've managed to deal with it for 10 years!).

specialp
03-10-2017, 04:15 PM
We repainted closets when installing elfa last year. This year we have painting ceiling and trim in some rooms as we change the wall color. It isn't something you notice, but it definitely brightens up the room tremendously. I'm guessing it's been about 13 years since the original owners had the trim and ceilings painted. We didn't bite the bullet to have the color changed, however. Saving for a kitchen remodel and do not want to make the trim change until we've done that.