PDA

View Full Version : Does the sound like a normal virus?

bw52
03-10-2017, 11:21 PM
My 5 year old's stomach started Wednesday and she was really tired. I thought she was getting the stomach flu, but she has had no vomiting or diarrhea. Low fever--100-101 comes and goes. She perks up a bit but then just wants to lay down again and says her stomach hurts and she is tired. I thought by now she wiuld be feeling better, but the fever is back and she still isn't eating. She has had hardly any food in days so I'm becoming more concerned. She eats a bite or 2 then spits it out. This child never turns down food or complains of stomach aches so it's not normal for her. I thought she would be better by yesterday, but it won't go away.

Normal virus? She isn't crying in pain or anything serious I just am worried about her hardly eating a thing.

mikala
03-10-2017, 11:32 PM
We have something similar going around our area. Tummy ache, tired, fever for 2 to 3 days. I'd watch her closely, push fluids and monitor for signs of dehydration but would probably give it until Monday for the current symptoms, would probably go to urgent care if she worsens over the weekend.

Hope she feels better soon!

c&j04
03-10-2017, 11:58 PM
Similar virus here last week. DS didn't really eat for two, possibly three days. Which is the first time ever! Several days later and he's still not eating regularly.

BDKmom
03-11-2017, 12:01 AM
We have something similar going around our area. Tummy ache, tired, fever for 2 to 3 days. I'd watch her closely, push fluids and monitor for signs of dehydration but would probably give it until Monday for the current symptoms, would probably go to urgent care if she worsens over the weekend.

Hope she feels better soon!

I agree with this. My 7 yo DS had something similar a couple of weeks ago. Started with a fever Sunday night. Asked if anything hurt, he would say "my stomach." Do you need to throw up? No. Do you need to use the bathroom? No. It just hurts. Fever lasted until Tuesday afternoon, which my DS usually bounces back from stuff like that more quickly than the rest of us and it's very rare for him to run a fever for more than 24 hours. He stayed home from school through Wed. Never any vomiting or diarrhea. Thursday morning he still complained of a stomachache, but he ate a normal breakfast and hadn't had a fever in over 24 hrs, so he went to school and was fine. During the time he was running the fever, he ate, but much less than usual.

I agree with PP to keep her hydrated and give it another day or so. But urgent care if anything gets worse over the weekend.

acmom
03-11-2017, 01:05 AM
We have something similar going around here. Both my older kids got it and then DH and I had it too. Stomach aches, tired, brief low grade fever, waves of nausea, lack of appetite but never actually got sick. Lasted A few days to a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

niccig
03-11-2017, 07:49 PM
DS is complaining of being tired and not being hungry. No fever. Something is going around the schools

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=87652)

KpbS
03-11-2017, 11:29 PM
Good friend's daughter had the same thing this week. Thankfully it was short, just 3 days. Keep her drinking though.

bw52
03-14-2017, 04:50 PM
Update. She was finally back to feeling good yesterday. Yay!

I wish it wasn't such a long virus. My 2 year old came down with it this morning.