PDA

View Full Version : DD has itchy raised lines on her arm, any idea what might cause this?

ang79
03-11-2017, 01:13 AM
DD1 (10) mentioned a few nights ago that she had bug bites on her arm that started itching after gym class. I looked and there are two pink raised lines (maybe 1/2 in. or so long) that almost look like a scratch looks right after it happens. Those are near the inside of her wrist. Then further up her forearm is a bump that looks like a bug bite. She said they itch sometimes but not always, and sometimes they hurt when she touches them. I put hydrocortisone cream on them when she says they itch. They do not seem to be spreading, but I'm not sure what they are from. She said she doesn't remember getting scratched by anything. They were playing basketball in gym class at school when she noticed them. She does have really dry skin right now, but that is mostly on her hands and knuckles (they always get red and raw in the winter, we smother them in aquaphor every night). Any ideas?

lalasmama
03-11-2017, 02:14 AM
:bag I'm sorry. First guess is scabies. They burrow under the skin. Itchiness comes and goes. Often found where clothes gather (wrists from sleeves, ankles from socks, waists from pants, groin from undies)....

ang79
03-11-2017, 08:40 AM
:bag I'm sorry. First guess is scabies. They burrow under the skin. Itchiness comes and goes. Often found where clothes gather (wrists from sleeves, ankles from socks, waists from pants, groin from undies)....

I considered that but it doesn't look anything like pics I see online. Just two pink raised lines and one round spot, like a bug bite. Does scabies spread? She's had it since Wednesday I think. We are headed to visit family til tomorrow, so no chance to take her to the doctor til Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nfceagles
03-11-2017, 10:32 AM
Any chance she got scratched by a cat or maybe a bush she walked too close to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

123LuckyMom
03-11-2017, 12:11 PM
The lines you're seeing could be scabies tracks. If it is scabies, you want to address is NOW! Scabies can be difficult to get rid of, so you want to catch it as early as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

ang79
03-12-2017, 10:03 PM
We decided to take her to Urgent Care first thing Sat. morning before we left on our trip, just to make sure she didn't have something contagious since we were visiting both of my grandmas and staying overnight at my brother's house. They said it was contact dermatitis and not contagious and gave us a steriod cream to put on it. DH was annoyed I think that they had to wait so long at Urgent Care, but at least we now know its not contagious!

123LuckyMom
03-12-2017, 11:48 PM
We decided to take her to Urgent Care first thing Sat. morning before we left on our trip, just to make sure she didn't have something contagious since we were visiting both of my grandmas and staying overnight at my brother's house. They said it was contact dermatitis and not contagious and gave us a steriod cream to put on it. DH was annoyed I think that they had to wait so long at Urgent Care, but at least we now know its not contagious!

I'm glad!!! It was worth making sure before potentially infecting all those people!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)