PDA

View Full Version : Appetizer for a morning party?

corrie23
03-13-2017, 09:11 PM
I'm fresh out of inspiration so I'm hoping you all can help me. DD#2 is learning about lifecycle events at Sunday School and this weekend they are having a mock wedding to learn about traditions. The religious school director and her husband will be renewing their vows to celebrate their 50th anniversary. Parents are invited and a brunch reception will follow. Everyone is bringing food and supplies. Our family was assigned to bring an appetizer to feed 10-15 people. I'm having trouble thinking about something that will work for morning and hopefully is good at room temperature (we have to be there from 9-11 and I suspect that the reception will be toward the end). Other people have been assigned things like fresh fruit, veggies/hummus, bagels/cream cheese, "brunch dishes" (e.g. eggs, casseroles, quiche, tuna/egg salads) and desserts. Any thoughts on a appetizer to fit the bill here?

SnuggleBuggles
03-13-2017, 09:33 PM
Munchkins/ donut holes
Potato latke
Pancake bites (see Pinterest)
Strudel
Danish
Mini muffins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie
03-14-2017, 06:22 AM
Waffle sticks
French toast sticks
Cheese / crackers

trales
03-14-2017, 10:05 AM
quiche bites in a muffin tin - the crust is bisquick, fill with quiche ,bake, great at room temp.

SnuggleBuggles
03-14-2017, 11:04 AM
I do mini frittatas. Like mini quiche bites but no crust (so super easy :))

anonomom
03-14-2017, 11:44 AM
I'd make/buy mini muffins.

gymnbomb
03-14-2017, 01:31 PM
Mini muffins, or fruit with a yogurt dip?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boilermakermom
03-14-2017, 02:09 PM
crackers and cheese, yogurt, munchkins, cinnabons,

robinsmommy
03-14-2017, 02:10 PM
I do mini frittatas. Like mini quiche bites but no crust (so super easy :))

I would do this, but we have chickens and always have eggs. Really yummy with basil, cheese of some sort, veggie bits (we do sauteed pepper and onion), meat/sausage if you eat it. We do use muffin papers for ours, but have plain aluminum muffin pans - no nonstick coating.

boolady
03-15-2017, 02:39 PM
I made these for a brunch about a month ago, and they were delicious. People scarfed them up and they are easy to make.

http://madhungry.com/?recipes=ham-jam-cheddar-puffs

corrie23
03-15-2017, 07:00 PM
Thanks for all of the great suggestions. I realized that I didn't mention that we avoid gluten/dairy, which of course complicates things (actually gluten isn't hard to sub out but cheese is. ATM I'm thinking maybe deviled eggs with a smoked salmon and chive garnish, or maybe these "deviled egg" squares http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/square-deviled-eggs-0241461?soc=socialsharingpinterest garnished as above. Any chance anyone has made these? They'd be easier to transport than classic deviled eggs, but if they're going to be a Pinterest fail, I'd avoid.