PDA

View Full Version : holes in the knees of cotton infant sleepers....

boilermakermom
03-14-2017, 02:14 PM
DS is a crawling machine. He will take a few steps here and there, but crawls constantly. It is still freezing cold here, so we spend our days inside. He usually hangs out in cotton zip up sleepers. It just makes diaper changes easier. (Polyester or fleece are not an options. He has eczema and breaks out in anything other than cotton.)

We are going through sleepers about every 6-8 weeks. There are holes in the knees, I am assuming from crawling. I have bought both Carter's and TCP, and both ended up with holes in the knees. He crawls on wood, tile and carpet, if that makes a difference.

Any thoughts on what I can do to fix the prob? Thanks!

mikala
03-14-2017, 02:35 PM
I'd either make the switch to regular clothes or plan to keep buying sleepers until he walks consistently or it's shorts season (maybe used to save money?).

I'm not seeing them online but Target has some cute cotton Cat and Jack brand jogger pants with reinforced knees.

doberbrat
03-14-2017, 02:50 PM
since you're home, I'd just sew up the ripped knees and/or put patches on them. Not the most attractive, but its for a short period. Or, try baby legs. Pretty sure they come in cotton. IF not, you can pretty easily either knit some in cotton yarn or make some from old cotton socks.

regardless, take heart, it'll be a fairly short phase. You'll look back in a few months longing for the good old days :-)

boilermakermom
03-14-2017, 03:00 PM
since you're home, I'd just sew up the ripped knees and/or put patches on them. Not the most attractive, but its for a short period. Or, try baby legs. Pretty sure they come in cotton. IF not, you can pretty easily either knit some in cotton yarn or make some from old cotton socks.

regardless, take heart, it'll be a fairly short phase. You'll look back in a few months longing for the good old days :-)

I keep reminding myself that once he is walking and into everything, i'll be wishing for this back!!!! :)

JBaxter
03-14-2017, 03:01 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Cute-Toddler-Sleeve-Warmers/dp/B01F12DBYI/ref=sr_1_6_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1489517727&sr=1-6&keywords=infant+leg+warmers

we had some of those I'd pull them on over top of his sleepers I also had some Oshkosh denim overalls for that phase of movement

schrocat
03-14-2017, 04:52 PM
baby legs over or sew patches on the knees.

eagle
03-14-2017, 07:10 PM
yes. its just a a few months. patch. or cut up adult socks to make legwarmers/leggings.