PDA

View Full Version : Art of Problem Solving math classes?

abh5e8
03-15-2017, 04:57 PM
any one have any experience with these? I know they are used by home school students, but i think others as well, as they have a lot of math competition options. TIA!

etwahl
03-16-2017, 11:35 AM
any one have any experience with these? I know they are used by home school students, but i think others as well, as they have a lot of math competition options. TIA!

We are planning on using them for pre-algebra this coming year for my son. I know a lot of people on the Well Trained Mind have talked about them (and I recently asked there as well) and the feedback was good. You might head over there for some more detailed reviews.

abh5e8
03-16-2017, 04:09 PM
Thanks! How old is your son? Did you use any of the beast academy books?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

etwahl
03-16-2017, 05:36 PM
Thanks! How old is your son? Did you use any of the beast academy books?

Yes, we did all of the level 3, 4, 5 beast books (actually just waiting for 5D to come out, and then we will finish that). He is 10.5 So we will start pre-algebra for him in September (grade 6). Beast Academy was a really good fit for him and he tested very high for the state testing in math (99th percentile). Most children would be ready for pre-algebra after finishing level 5 of beast academy.

abh5e8
03-18-2017, 06:28 PM
I ordered beast 3a and 4a, to try. They are in Singapore 3b and 4b now. I'm thinking of they like beast, we will use it and then move on to pre algebra in 6th.