PDA

View Full Version : Fluff and fold at laundromat

niccig
03-15-2017, 11:41 PM
We don't have access to washer and dryer during a remodel, so I need to go to the laundromat. DHs colleague uses fluff and find saying it's worth his time to just drop it off. Do I drop it off in regular washing basket? In a big canvas washing bag? I also have those collapsible mesh laundry baskets.

I've never gone to a laundromat as when I rented I lived in Australia appliances- fridge and washer - are part of the rental, even in apartments.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=87652)

JBaxter
03-16-2017, 08:21 AM
Long ago I did that I dropped everything off in a laundry sack and took my baskets along and they folded into the baskets and put the towels ( folded) back into the sack.

catsnkid
03-16-2017, 04:47 PM
You can drop it in whatever, baskets would be easier so it won't get wrinkled. Saves you the two hours or so doing the laundry at the Laundromat.

niccig
03-16-2017, 05:21 PM
Thanks. I hate not having a washing machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=87652)

alleycat
03-17-2017, 10:33 AM
My mom used to own a laundromat and had a drop off service. Ppl used everything from laundry baskets/bags to paper shopping bags and big plastic garbage bags.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Baby Bargains mobile app

Percycat
03-17-2017, 12:21 PM
I have never done Fluff and Fold --- and personally would be uncomfortable using it for all of my laundry. I wonder if it really is that convenient..... The biggest chore about using a laundromat is hauling all of your stuff to and from. At least once a year, I drag our bedding to the laundromat to use the extra large machines and see people using multiple machines at one time. I'm pretty sure if I timed it right -- and came early in the morning before it got busy -- I could get all my laundry done in a little over an hour because I could do several loads in time efficient machines at the same time. I almost did this last spring when we were overwhelmed with laundry and had little time, but wound up using our machines and my parents machines (they live down the street) to get everything done quickly. When I go, I bring my laptop and earbuds, watch netflix, and enjoy "alone" time.