PDA

View Full Version : Need house mojo and prayers!

Soccermomm
03-17-2017, 10:23 AM
We moved last June and have been living in a cozy two bedroom apartment since then. I am beyond discouraged with the housing market here!!! I really thought when feb/March got here lots ofhouses would be coming on the market . There have been just a few and most of them are too small, bad location,etc. So I am asking for your bbb mojo, prayers, just anything. I am tired of looking and just want to move and live in our new home.

Also, the one house I loved we got out bid on. (Our realtor could only tell us that they went well over asking price. ) house has not closed yet, we have our backup offer in. I so want this house!

Thanks for listening and letting me vent. #waitingishard

babyonway
03-17-2017, 10:26 AM
We moved last June and have been living in a cozy two bedroom apartment since then. I am beyond discouraged with the housing market here!!! I really thought when feb/March got here lots ofhouses would be coming on the market . There have been just a few and most of them are too small, bad location,etc. So I am asking for your bbb mojo, prayers, just anything. I am tired of looking and just want to move and live in our new home.

Also, the one house I loved we got out bid on. (Our realtor could only tell us that they went well over asking price. ) house has not closed yet, we have our backup offer in. I so want this house!

Thanks for listening and letting me vent. #waitingishard

Mojo mojo mojo!!!!

gatorsmom
03-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.

anonomom
03-17-2017, 05:13 PM
House hunting can be so frustrating! Sending you lots of good thoughts. :-)

bisous
03-17-2017, 06:03 PM
Here's hoping you get a house you really love!

trcy
03-17-2017, 08:31 PM
Ugg, that sounds awful! Mojo to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

Kestrel
03-17-2017, 11:31 PM
With all the crazy weather this winter, maybe the market is just a bit late? I know it is where we are! Hopefully more options coming soon!

LBW
03-18-2017, 09:03 AM
The market definitely seems late around here (NJ). We bought last year, and there seemed to be a lot more available by this time than there is this year.

Hope you find something soon!

Soccermomm
03-19-2017, 09:49 AM
Thank you everyone for replying. It helps to know that our market is not the only on that is slow. Found out dream house is due to close on Friday. :( Its a long shot, but would love to get it. we found a house that will do. I hate to write that, but it seems like we are making lots of compromises. Please keep the BBB Mojo and prayers coming.

JustMe
03-19-2017, 11:45 AM
Sending BBB mojo!

Soccermomm
08-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Hey everyone! Want to thank everyone for the BBB mojo and prayers. Here is the rest of house hunting saga. When we did not get the "dream house" the listing agent contacted our realtor in April and let us know of a house that was soon to come on the market. She figured it would be perfect for us. We got to see the house before anyone else, and before it even got officially listed. The sellers were overseas and had hoped to move back here, but got relocated to another state. So after looking at it, we made an offer by the time we got to the end of the driveway. We got the house. The renters had the house till there contract was up, but we moved in from the apartment to the house in July. We love the neighborhood, very quiet and on the small side. It sits on an acre and has tons of trees. A must after living in CA with no trees. Lots of wildlife - we daily have been seeing a mom deer and her two little ones. The house checked off all the boxes - open concept, pantry, guest bedroom on first floor for my mom when she visits, garage. So all in all, we are very happy!

123LuckyMom
08-06-2017, 11:42 AM
What a happy ending! Congratulations on your new home!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

JustMe
08-07-2017, 12:56 AM
Congratulations!! I am glad it all worked out so well!

jgenie
08-07-2017, 07:01 AM
Congrats!! Enjoy it!!