PDA

View Full Version : Freestanding/clawfoot tub update

twowhat?
03-24-2017, 01:47 PM
So, I finally found a place to buy an AMAZING acrylic clawfoot tub (they also sell freestanding, lots of styles and sizes to choose from):
http://www.bathsofdistinction.com/default.asp

I got a white clawfoot tub with white feet (master bath remodel will have that "new vintage" feel) and it was delivered today and I'm SO impressed. It LOOKS like a cast iron tub with white enamel coating. It's heavy for acrylic, because they use 2 layers of thick acrylic AND it's insulated...there's an aluminum layer and an air gap to help keep water warm. It's SO comfy to sit in and the sitting area at the bottom of the one I got is wider than most (some tubs have only 15 inches of width at the bottom!). It feels so solid and thick, and there is no flex at the bottom when I step in. So impressed! AND it came with all the hardware - faucet, overflow, hand shower, stopper, feet (the feet are HEAVY - they feel like cast iron!), overflow drain and literally every "above the ground" plumbing that you need. I love that the stopper is a simple lift-out (no chains or cables to break) AND it fits conveniently into the overflow so there's a place to store the stopper! I made one phone call to them to ask some questions and the first guy who answered the phone know literally everything about the tub and its installation. GREAT customer service. We lucked out and the FedEx guy was also super nice and helped get it into the front door even though he didn't have to (it's supposed to be curbside delivery). It was shipped extremely well-packed, in a crate. All plumbing hardware in separate boxes with foam packing. FREE SHIPPING. No tax outside of FL where the warehouse is. I cannot wait to install it. Excellent reviews on Houzz, etc. Paid less than $1600 for a 65-inch tub and that was including everything! If we ever need another new tub somewhere else, I'm getting it from them!

And it's SO comfy to sit in!!! I'm so excited! I know there were some others here wrangling about tubs and cast iron vs acrylic. Our remodel hasn't quite started yet but I can update with pics once it's installed.