PDA

View Full Version : Bras for full chest?

megs4413
03-24-2017, 04:59 PM
My DD1 has my genes, I'm afraid, but mixed with her dad's it's given us a strange problem...She's quite thin (98lbs, 5'4") so her frame is tiny, but she's full busted. I did her measurements today and I came up with 30 DD. I can't even find this as a size at the places we normally shop. Does anyone know where I can find bras in this size that are appropriate for a 12 year old? TIA!

123LuckyMom
03-24-2017, 05:07 PM
Bare Necessities online is a great resource for bigger cup sizes. Their customer service is great, and they'll help you find the right size and type of bra. You can keep making exchanges until you find a good fit. Of course if you can find a brick and mortar store that can do a proper bra fitting, that's ideal, but if not, contact Bare Necessities and ask for help.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

gymnbomb
03-24-2017, 07:18 PM
My DD1 has my genes, I'm afraid, but mixed with her dad's it's given us a strange problem...She's quite thin (98lbs, 5'4") so her frame is tiny, but she's full busted. I did her measurements today and I came up with 30 DD. I can't even find this as a size at the places we normally shop. Does anyone know where I can find bras in this size that are appropriate for a 12 year old? TIA!

I have found Nordstroms (not a place I normally shop...) to be really good at both measuring and stocking a wide range of sizes. And I think they have a bigger selection online if they don't have what she needs in store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
03-24-2017, 07:49 PM
Amazon. Go to Nordstrom and see what fits then shop on Amazon when you need to replenish bc they sell so many bras at good prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PunkyBoo
03-24-2017, 08:01 PM
I have found Nordstroms (not a place I normally shop...) to be really good at both measuring and stocking a wide range of sizes. And I think they have a bigger selection online if they don't have what she needs in store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ITA. I'm a 32FF and Nordstrom has been the only place I can go for accurate sizing and selection. I also agree with PP on restocking from Amazon once you find a style that works.

mmsmom
03-24-2017, 08:52 PM
Another vote for Nordstrom. Their associates are extremely knowledgeable and will know exactly which styles and brands will be best for her.

pharmjenn
03-24-2017, 10:19 PM
Love Nordstroms for bras. That is all I buy there, but it is the only place I can find my size (and even then, they only have 2-3 that actually fit me)

erosenst
03-25-2017, 12:26 AM
DD is 13. At 12.5 took her to Nordstrom and she's a 30DD. They had several in her size. She liked/got the Chantelle convertible to wear when she needs a "real" bra. For everyday she wears decently supportive cami style sports bras from Target.

The Chantelle are *expensive* but unfortunately they all are in those sizes.

Good luck.

azzeps
03-25-2017, 02:01 PM
Nordstrom is great. I'm a DD and I love my Chantelle bra. Off to check Amazon. Thanks for the tip!

megs4413
03-25-2017, 07:01 PM
Thanks everyone, we hit Nordstrom today and bought her a couple that work for her. I'm relieved to have a solution, but ouch on that price! LOL

Twin Mom
03-25-2017, 07:48 PM
DD has boobs too and she's been wearing my coobies but she needs actual support unlike me cuz I don't have boobs. I am going to take her to Nordstrom when I have a chance so I can buy her some real bras. I know they do a good job with the fitting. She wears ladies size clothing so I think she will wear a more main stream size so hopefully I will be able find better prices on Amazon!

Smillow
03-25-2017, 08:04 PM
Now that you know what works - check Nordstrom Rack's clearance rack periodically (especially when they have clear the rack sales. I have found Freyas and Elomis for as low as $9.

ilfaith
03-26-2017, 11:11 PM
Now that you know what works - check Nordstrom Rack's clearance rack periodically (especially when they have clear the rack sales. I have found Freyas and Elomis for as low as $9.

I wear a 30D or DD, depending on brand, and do occasionally find bras my size at Nordstrom Rack or Saks Off 5th. Wacoal's b tempt'd line comes in your daughter's size and is a bit less expensive than the original Wacoal (still in the $40 range)

The only time I've been able to buy cheap bras has been while pregnant when my rib cage expands and I can get away with a 34C/D.

wendibird22
03-27-2017, 12:27 PM
I'm a 30DD and LOVE Chantelle bras. And many of them are full coverage and modest so would be perfect for your DDs age. I usually get mine from amazon and NWT from eBay.

I have found that getting fitted by a bra fitter is so important with that hard to find size. The standard size calculators just are way off. The measure under and add 5 for band and then find difference between measurement around bust never comes out to the right size. What does is measuring around the area above the bust/under the armpits use this as band size. Then measure around bust and subtract band size to figure out cup size.

twowhat?
03-27-2017, 10:34 PM
I'm a 28DD and got my initial set of (properly fitting) bras at Breakoutbras.com. After that, I've been able to scour Amazon for good deals. Freya and Panache are the brands that work well for me. I have to buy everything online, no B&M store carries my size which is super frustrating.

If she's a 30DD her options are even better, since they carry that size at Nordstrom. Once you find bras that work well, scour Amazon for deals.

mom2binsd
04-05-2017, 08:29 PM
My almost 14 year old is a 32DD, she has found the one's at Victoria's secret work best for her. We do not have a Nordstroms nearby. She's been able to get 2 for 40.00 most times. Buying bikini tops is also fun, but target has cute one's that come pretty tiny and have the XS bottoms to mix and match.

Globetrotter
05-20-2017, 03:25 AM
Find the brand you like and go to Nordstrom rack!

AnnieW625
06-13-2017, 03:13 PM
I am a 36d and I love Natori feathers bras (often on NR, but goes on sale during the Anniversary Sale....also comes in a non underwire) , and Wacoal bras. I mainly buy online at Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack because the stock in my area is hit or miss. I also recently tried on a few of the Vera Wang bras from Kohls and they were nice too so I might eventually buy one, but I am not sure if they come in a 30dd.

If you looked at me you would think I was a small b cup as that is what I thought I was for years, but let me tell you bras fit me so much better now since I have been wearing the right bra size (since last summer). I resized myself using this method from Reddit that Calebsmama posted here last summer (https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide/). This had me listed as a 36DD or a 40E (British), but I found that there was still too much cup space (because my shape is more shallow than full hence the thinking I had always been a B cup) so I got a better fit from the 36d.

You might also look at Aerie by American Eagle because they maybe more age appropriate; same thing with Kohls and I know I saw some smaller 30-32d bras in the teen section.

ETA: just saw this was 2 months old.....oops, but hope it is helpful to someone else.....OP what ended up working?