PDA

View Full Version : Need oven recommendations: 36 inch free standing gas or dual fuel

pharmjenn
03-28-2017, 02:18 PM
My DH purchased us a Fagor 36in stainless steel oven/range when we started our remodel 2 years ago. It has been nothing but problems, and has been unusable since beginning of December while we waiting for supposed back ordered parts. Just called the Service company again and was told they have no open orders for us. Beyond pissed at this company with its horrible reviews, service etc and called the manufacturer. The part is $2 that may fix the problem, but don't know if we can even get a tech to do the repair.
So I have decided it is just worth it to fork out the thousands of dollars for something new. Looking at Home Depot, they only have no-names, and those with bad reviews. The local quality home/appliance store doesn't list prices. I really don't want to spend 5-10k, but don't know if we can find something decent below that.
Anyone have a recommendation? I know the big names bring quality, so may use our unexpected AMT refund for this instead of other expenses. We don't cook much, and don't do gourmet, but would really like an oven. Only so much you can do in a toaster oven (although I did cook DS9 a 2 layer round birthday cake)

khalloc
03-28-2017, 02:26 PM
I have a Bluestar gas range that I love. I think we paid around $6000 for it.

pharmjenn
03-28-2017, 02:37 PM
I have a Bluestar gas range that I love. I think we paid around $6000 for it.

They seem to have a wide range of prices. I like that. And they are listed as sold at our 2 local appliance centers. Will have to go research. Thank you!

khalloc
03-28-2017, 03:03 PM
They are kind of bare bones as far as ovens go. Ours is a few years old. I think they've updated it more recently. We have the 6 burner model, but I kind of wish we got the griddle + 4 burners. Anyways, there is no self-clean feature on ours. But the upside is that our thermostat broke recently and we were able to repair it ourselves for the cost of the part ($165). But we are DIYers. There's no clock, etc...just no extra electronics that will be costly to repair/replace. I love the look of it too and WOW the burners are so powerful and distribute heat very evenly with the "star" burner configuration. This was a splurge for us when we remodeled our kitchen.

AnnieW625
03-28-2017, 03:14 PM
If I ever go with professional like I will most likely consider GE Cafe or Profile (my current non professional GE Profile is at least 13 yrs. old), Thermador, or Blue Star based on reviews. I would call the local place for the price because it is the manufacturer that requires no listing if prices.