PDA

View Full Version : Photo organization experts, I need help with my mess!

reneed
04-01-2017, 06:31 PM
I have photos stored on my mac, my pc, iCloud and one drive. I really need to get them all to one place, delete duplicates and organize the, by date. Is there any way to do this that even a dummy can understand? I don't mind paying a bit to do it but I just need a solution before I end up losing all of them. Any help would be appreciated. By the way - it's a huge amount of pics....65k+. 😢 I'm so mad at myself for letting it go this long.

94bruin
04-01-2017, 08:57 PM
I just learned about Google Photos through this free class. You might want to check it out. Modernphotosolutions.com

Sent from my SM-G930V using Baby Bargains mobile app

reneed
04-01-2017, 09:33 PM
Thank you so much, I'll check it out now!

gamma
04-02-2017, 04:41 PM
I only have a Mac, but I have 58,000 photos stored in Photos. They are shared via the cloud ( I pay for 1T of cloud storage a month) with my iPad and iPhone 6. I back up to an external hard drive using Time Machine. I don't have a PC in the mix, but like you I had a lot of duplicates. When the Apple Store offered One-to-One, one of the creatives recommended an App called Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro, which I installed on my Mac. It helped me eliminate a huge number of duplicates. Do you have an Apple Store close by? I would recommend that you chose one platform for photos and stick to it for uploading, editing and storage. Decide which one you are the most comfortable using for editing or which platform you have the most devices on. If you have a Droid based phone, tablet and use the PC the most or if the iPhone, iPad, Mac works best for you.

reneed
04-02-2017, 05:29 PM
I'm taking the free class, it's awesome!! Thank you.

Gamma, my mac is where the problem started. I have the cloud sharing but somehow the dates got screwed up and nothing is in order and I couldn't fix it. I should have gone to the Apple Store at that point but I let it get out of hand. Now my mac is so slow non existent of the photos even want to open. Since I'm a heavy ipad and iPhone user I figured mac would be best for me but I somehow managed to make a mess!