PDA

View Full Version : 10 Year Anniversary Gift.... for our nanny!

elizabethkott
04-04-2017, 10:06 AM
Hit me with suggestions, people!
It was 10 years ago this month we handed our sweet little DS1 over to the care of this wonderful amazing woman who has truly become part of our family. She loves my boys like her own, and cares for them (and our family) in such a way that enabled me to return to work without worry for their wellbeing.
Would love any ideas on what to get her!!!

SnuggleBuggles
04-04-2017, 10:18 AM
How much do you want to spend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elizabethkott
04-04-2017, 10:43 AM
I think somewhere in the $250-$300 range.
DH's suggestion is a fancy box of fruit, flowers and a necklace. I'm wondering if we can be a little more creative than that lol!

PunkyBoo
04-04-2017, 10:59 AM
I think somewhere in the $250-$300 range.
DH's suggestion is a fancy box of fruit, flowers and a necklace. I'm wondering if we can be a little more creative than that lol!
Not knowing her age or interests, I would think what I would like in that price range- spa day, Nordstrom gift card, a years worth of pedicures. I'd there something she had expressed wanting to do? Something she might be saving for?

Dream
04-04-2017, 11:48 AM
I would give her cash to spend on what she wants or a GC to a store that I know she'll shop.

gymnbomb
04-04-2017, 11:53 AM
I would give her cash to spend on what she wants or a GC to a store that I know she'll shop.

:yeahthat: Along with maybe a token gift from the kids and a nice thank you note.

bisous
04-04-2017, 01:15 PM
That's a really long time. She must be such a special person to your family. I like the idea of cash or gift card but I do think something sort of personal from you guys would be really nice too. I'm not sure what that would look like but it would be something small. I don't think a necklace is such a bad idea but then I really like jewelry. :)

citymama
04-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Wow, that is truly special. Not knowing her interests, it's hard to say. I find the fruit baskets to be a bit of a waste - so expensive for not a lot. Does she have a favorite place to eat, get her hair cut or shop for herself? A gift cert from such a place would be thoughtful and practical, plus a Visa gift card she can use as cash - and a lovely bouquet of flowers.

melrose7
04-04-2017, 01:45 PM
I was a nanny with a family for 11 years and various gifts I was given over the years included: personal training sessions, gift cards for tanning, salons, massage, shopping, and cash. They even set up a Education fund for my daughter one year with a large sum of money with the idea being they would deposit some every year of her birthday but knew that was something they wouldn't remember so they just put it all in at once. They gave me a small scrapbook from the kids, jewelry the kids picked out. What are her interests? I wanted the personal training and tanning sessions because I was going on a trip that year.

hillview
04-04-2017, 02:30 PM
Something from tiffanys?

theriviera
04-05-2017, 12:05 AM
Our nanny turned 40 last year. She had recently started working out a lot so we got her android watch (she is an android person). She loved it.

So I would ask, does she work out? Would she line an Apple Watch? Or an iPad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lalasmama
04-06-2017, 12:12 AM
My favorite gift when I was a nanny was a rose gold pinky ring. The parents took the boys shopping and they chose it. It's still in my jewelry box, 20 years later. I've gained 75 pounds, lol, so it hasn't fit in years. But each time I see it, I remember how excited the boys were to give it to me, and how special I felt receiving it and knowing that they wanted to give me something very special.

So, after 10 years, I think I'd consider some piece of jewelry perhaps, if she wears any.