PDA

View Full Version : Help! how do I register a new Kindle to my account and keep my books off the new Kind

AnnieW625
04-04-2017, 05:49 PM
I must be missing something but I want to register my DD1's new Kindle to my account so I can get books for her off of Kindle Unlimited or Amazon Prime (the whole Harry Potter series is free with Prime) and then load them to her Kindle, but when I have set it up it still shows all of my books and I don't want her having access to them. Also my recommendations are going to show up
too, right on her Kindle?

I have reset the device at least 3 times and I deselected my library on Amazon.com from her Kindle but my books are still showing up.

Ugh. Please tell me I am doing something wrong. I don't want to have to buy another Amazon Prime or Kindle Unlimited account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmsmom
04-04-2017, 06:42 PM
I know you don't need another Prime account. Not sure about Kindle Unlimited. I have Household and family library set up. Not sure if that makes a difference but my content does not show up on my kids Kindles and they are both registered to me. . You definitely do not need another account. The Amazon help section is very helpful. You could try searching there or do a live chat with customer service.

KrisM
04-04-2017, 06:54 PM
You can also turn off access to the Cloud on the Kindle. Then she can't just browse everything that is there. I think it's in parental controls maybe? I know it's password protected.

AnnieW625
04-04-2017, 06:55 PM
All of my books are still showing up on her home library screen and I have it selected that my library shouldn't be shared and when I go online and check her content on amazon.com it says there is nothing.

KrisM
04-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Is it a paperwhite?

egoldber
04-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Do you have "Access to the Cloud" turned off? I think you need to do that.

You may need to delete all books that have currently been downloaded and then manually re-send the ones you want to her Kindle.

This is what I do for my kids.

This may be helpful: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/132127-how-to-setup-an-amazon-kindle-for-children

AnnieW625
04-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Yes it was the cloud thing that was screwing everything up, which is weird because I could've sworn I turned off her access for that initially in the parental control area for that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vonfirmath
04-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Do you have "Access to the Cloud" turned off? I think you need to do that.

You may need to delete all books that have currently been downloaded and then manually re-send the ones you want to her Kindle.

This is what I do for my kids.

This may be helpful: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/132127-how-to-setup-an-amazon-kindle-for-children

This is what I do for my son's Kindle. I manually send the books I want on it and then turn Internet access off.