PDA

View Full Version : Wear to shop - Clothing for 6th grade dance and graduation

niccig
04-09-2017, 11:31 PM
DS lives in athletic wear shorts and t-shirts. I can occasionally get him into jeans and an athletic t-shirt. I need to take him shopping for something to wear for the 6th grade dance - jeans + nice shirt should be fine - then something for his graduation - pant + shirt + tie. Where do I look - his clothing is target Champion brand, nike, Adidas from sporting stores. Shoes, I think he can wear his black adidas leather sneakers for the dance, but a nicer shoe for the graduation.

Thanks.

SnuggleBuggles
04-10-2017, 08:31 AM
I always start at Once Upon a Child for that stuff. Kohls next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrisM
04-10-2017, 08:40 AM
I try a couple thrift stores first for 1 time wear things. Then maybe Kohl's or JCPenney.

Zansu
04-10-2017, 03:54 PM
JCPenny's for pants and shirt. They have regular, slim and husky, always have coupons. And if they don't have size/color in store, it's easy to have it shipped.
Amazon for ties (loss of lengths to choose from)

baymom
04-10-2017, 03:58 PM
DS is 12 and wears men's slim XS. He's going to a Bar Mitzvah in a few weeks and I'm planning to get him something from H&M or ON. He needs to look nice, but likely won't fit into it for 8th grade graduation, so I don't want to spend much.

bigsis
04-10-2017, 08:27 PM
JCP or H&M are very reasonable.

niccig
04-11-2017, 02:08 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm hoping to do it in one shopping trip

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=87652)

sariana
04-11-2017, 03:17 PM
Target has dress clothes, too, so if he already likes Target brands, you can try there. I have got my 12-year-old nice dress pants and shirts. They also sometimes have coats (so like a suit), but not always. They might have more right now for Easter.

I like Levi's dyed jeans for a nicer casual look. DS has some in navy blue, khaki, and gray. They are comfortable like jeans but look a bit dressier (for the school dance). They work well with polo-style shirts or sweaters when it's cooler.

I also agree with JC Penney. I've had good luck at H & M for my daughter, but never for my son. It's too trendy, IME/IMO.