PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to make smoothies?

Pilotbaby
04-11-2017, 08:23 AM
Hello,
We just started making smoothies yesterday using a blendtec. I love it for most things but not sure its right for smoothies or if I am doing something else wrong. I've made two with frozen fruit so far and the fruit is just not blending. Its starting off in small chunks and pretty much staying that way. It does blend the ice with no proble at all. Am I not using enough liquid or do I need a different machine? TIA

Meatball Mommie
04-11-2017, 08:37 AM
Well, I don't have a blendtec so I can't comment specifically on that machine, but I do make smoothies with our Nutribullet. There is definitely a "sweet spot" in terms of liquid to solids ratio. I would try more liquid if you are finding it hard to blend.

trcy
04-11-2017, 08:50 AM
I use our magic bullet. I agree with PP, try more liquid.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

mikala
04-11-2017, 08:56 AM
I have a vitamix but have learned to add the ingredients in a specific order so I don't end up with big pockets of air around the blades and smoothies that don't blend. I usually add liquid first, then greens, then banana or yogurt, blend it and then add frozen fruit last. If it gets too thick to blend along the way I add more liquid.

Pilotbaby
04-11-2017, 09:34 AM
Thanks everyone- adding more liquid seemed to help for the last one. Another question- what can I combine with spinach leaves and still have a pink or not green colored smoothie? lol. I snuck some almond milk in the last one. Now trying to figure out how to add some greens but keep the color and flavor.
TIA

jennilynn
04-11-2017, 02:49 PM
Thanks everyone- adding more liquid seemed to help for the last one. Another question- what can I combine with spinach leaves and still have a pink or not green colored smoothie? lol. I snuck some almond milk in the last one. Now trying to figure out how to add some greens but keep the color and flavor.
TIA

The only way I've found to camouflage greens is with dark berries like blueberries, blackberries and/or cherries. It does make the smoothie very dark but purple not green. Cocoa powder works too (I do this with bananas and maybe peanut butter but no other fruit.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk