PDA

View Full Version : Where to shop now?

trales
04-11-2017, 10:07 PM
I used to use drugstore.com, went through ebates - got the cash back, plus the drugstore.com dollars and the credit card cash back. They did all the coupons, had great prices, free shipping etc. Now they have changed all that and it is no good.

Where do I go now for those types of bargains- I used to hit it 4x per year - I got soap/ shampoo/ sunscreen/ lotion/ all that stuff. Amason (my correct key is broken :)) is hit or miss on prices.

I found soap.com and jet.com - are they any good?

marymoo86
04-11-2017, 10:22 PM
Soap is owned by Amazon and about to be consolidated along with diapers.com and wag.com. I think there's another too. 4/19 is last day so not an option.

I have used jet.com for household stuff and was a good experience. Not sure what types of stuff you use. Might dictate where to look.

NCGrandma
04-11-2017, 10:25 PM
I also miss drugstore.com, for the same reasons. I stocked up right before they went out of business (or maybe got swallowed up by Walgreens?) but need to find another source. I use a local CVS for my Rx's but was unimpressed with their online store. I've gotten a few things from Amazon but no Ebates, and prices are definitely all over the map.

Hope someone can help!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

trales
04-11-2017, 10:30 PM
I was looking for vanicream sunscreen, amlactin ultra lotion, basis soap, kotex and stay free feminine products, well rated and scent free/ low scent on EWG's database shampoo and conditioner for all of us, Ecover for the dishwasher and the dishsoap and new liquid handsoaps.

I am open to new brands and suggestions for all of these - as long as they rate 1 or 2 on the EWG database and have little (very natural and mild) or no scent. I use a tea tree oil and peppermint shampoo and that is an okay smell- the Ecover stuff is pretty subtle and okay for me.

I suppose I could go to Target - I just don't see getting there for a week or so, online is much easier - stores like Target are not close or easy to get to.

I have blown through all my reserves and need to get stuff. There is a COSTCO an hour away - I could see getting there in 2 weeks if you all think they have this stuff- we have a membership (I go 4-5x per year).

mikala
04-11-2017, 10:34 PM
I use Target subscriptions for anything I can buy there. The prices are generally competitive, especially with the red card and subscription discounts.

JElaineB
04-11-2017, 10:35 PM
I didn't even know they closed until I realized months later I was no longer getting my son's vitamins on auto-ship. I've used Amazon and iHerb for vitamins and such, but will go with brick & mortar for other stuff that I've ordered from there.

ett
04-12-2017, 12:28 AM
I use Target subscriptions for anything I can buy there. The prices are generally competitive, especially with the red card and subscription discounts.

I've been shopping more on Target online since drugstore.com closed. If I don't want to wait to get to the store, I compare their online prices with Amazon and order from where ever is cheaper.

hillview
04-12-2017, 01:45 PM
I find in store at Target is cheapest. I buy in bulk.

AnnieW625
04-12-2017, 02:39 PM
I never found drugstore.com/diapers.com to be a bargain, and found it frustrating that there were certain items they would send to my area (Johnsons' nursing pads in 2010 as I had loved them in 2006 with Dd1 is one example) so in most cases if I couldn't find it at Target I would shop at Amazon or Babies R Us if I had a coupon. I did do drugstore.com for diapers for Dd1 for a bit, but their prices weren't that much better than Target (because I wasn't sending emails to my friends asking them to join diapers.com referral program) and then we started using Seventh Generation diapers and I would get those through Amazon Ship & Save for 30% off or something.

Now if I buy anything in bulk I get it from Target or Costco; I work full time outside the home so I can't have a frustration free box of TP sent to my house from Amazon as I don't want to come home to a TP'd house. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk