PDA

View Full Version : Effective affordable desk lamp?

WatchingThemGrow
04-18-2017, 11:02 AM
3 desks in kid rooms need lamps. We had the Costco one with a fan, but it went back bc it buzzed when it was off. Eldest is going into middle school, so I'm expecting a little more desk-time. Overhead lighting in their rooms is poor and can't be remedied bc of some funky recessed square 1971 fixtures that can't be changed. Their desks are sizable, so something that covers a large area would be great. Got anything you love?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisous
04-18-2017, 12:04 PM
A blogger I like just recommended the IKEA Antifone lamp. It's $35 and has an adjustable arm.

legaleagle
04-18-2017, 02:40 PM
Not sure if this is covering a big enough area but DH just got this for his craft/hobby desk - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HX2EVPS/ We use with LED bulb so it doesn't get hot - I'm sure it would if you were using an incandescent. Price is right and it clamps on well enough that the kids haven't managed to knock it off yet.

JdrKuhnert
04-19-2017, 01:22 AM
Two our of boys have the Target Room Essentials Gooseneck desk lamp. It is adjustable, easy to operate it, comes in different colors, and provides a lot of light. I prefer it over the PBK desk lamp my eldest has on his desk.

WatchingThemGrow
04-20-2017, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestions this far.

ETA: the desks are 42+ inches wide so I'm thinking pretty tall would be helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk