PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Planner?

Pilotbaby
04-18-2017, 03:17 PM
Hello everyone,
What are everyone's favorite planners? Has anyone tried Erin Condren? I'm curious about that one especially but would love any recommendations. I would like one that is small enough to through in my large purse or carry easily but big enough to write all of our super busy schedule in. TIA

PZMommy
04-18-2017, 03:56 PM
Erin Condren is pretty, but their customer service sucks!!!! Lots of mistakes with their planners and good luck getting them to fix it.

Personally my favorite planner company is limelife planners. They offer way more customization and have amazing customer service.

vonfirmath
04-18-2017, 04:07 PM
I am currently using a Happy Planner

It is a Disk based planner -- so you can add and remove pages like a 3-ring binder, but turn back the cover like a spiral notebook.

They have three sizes. I use the "Classic" which is about 9x7

The BIG planners are 8.5x11
The mini are 4x7.

khm
04-18-2017, 04:11 PM
Hello everyone,
What are everyone's favorite planners? Has anyone tried Erin Condren? I'm curious about that one especially but would love any recommendations. I would like one that is small enough to through in my large purse or carry easily but big enough to write all of our super busy schedule in. TIA

I used to always hunt for the perfect planner for me. Never found it. Gave up paper for years. Last year picked up bullet journaling. Started with a freebie journal from work, and ended up buying a nicer one after I found my way. I'm VERY simple with it. No stickers, washi tape or colored pens, etc. (Just a heads up if you hit Pinterest to see how to bullet journal.)

There are a lot of nice blank journals out there in any size. I do a month layout in 2 columns on one side and notes, to dos on the other. I jot months out way ahead and fill stuff in as I know it. Reminders, ticklers, "to do laters". I also keep lists in the back.

I still use the heck out of Google calendar online, but it is nice to have paper in my hand again, too. Mine fits in my purse. It is the perfect size to fold a paper in half (soccer schedules, etc) and put it in there.

MSWR0319
04-18-2017, 04:15 PM
I got a planner from Plum Paper this year and I love it! You can customize it with a box for each person for each day. It's worked out wonderfully for us.

boss1
04-18-2017, 04:18 PM
I got a planner from Plum Paper this year and I love it! You can customize it with a box for each person for each day. It's worked out wonderfully for us.

I agree! I have tried numerous planners through the years and have never found a planner that allows me to customize like Plum Paper. The quality, customer service, and attention to detail are superb.

https://www.plumpaper.com/

Pilotbaby
04-18-2017, 06:01 PM
Thanks everyone- I am looking all of these up right now!

hillview
04-18-2017, 06:12 PM
This is my 4th year of using this one and I love it
https://www.amazon.com/Orange-Circle-Studio-17-Month-31545/dp/B01ETRLS8M/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7YVJPWQG3TR9J7XZPWA4

mackmama
04-18-2017, 07:19 PM
I was very into Erin Condren a few years ago. I wanted to love their planners, but they just didn't work for me. I got the pens and washi tape and stickers -- and it all just sat there because the planner format just wasn't right for my needs. They also don't have good CS.

jgenie
04-18-2017, 08:21 PM
I use a bullet journal and iCal. I keep appts in iCal and a copy in my bullet journal then use my bullet journal to keep track of lists - to do lists, books to read list, book ideas for DC, trip planning, lists for tracking online purchases, lists for returns waiting for credit, returns to make to stores, etc. It has worked really well for me.

AnnieW625
04-18-2017, 08:27 PM

I had one of these last year when I was on a non profit board and it was great! I would buy it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PZMommy
04-18-2017, 10:49 PM
Plum Paper is also a great company. I have had planners from them in the past as well and was happy with them. The only thing that drove me nuts was if a new month started mid week, the last part of the week would be grayed out, and you would have to turn to the new month where the first part of the week would be grayed out, and then start in the middle of the weekly spread. Maybe they have changed that now, but it was enough to make me switch planner companies.

firstbaby
04-19-2017, 04:06 PM
LOVE my Erin Condren planner. I am on my third? maybe fourth? planner of hers. Yes, the CS leaves a lot to be desired if you have a problem, but the format really works for me.

MelissaTC
04-19-2017, 06:26 PM
Switched from Erin Condren to the Happy Planner. I love it. It's affordable and you can find lots of accessories and fun things for it. I love taking the pages in and out, etc...

connor_mommy
04-19-2017, 08:26 PM
I love my Mom Agenda Spiral Planner.

TwoBees
04-19-2017, 10:06 PM
I really love the layout of Inkwell Press but I needed a smaller planner. I am so in love with the inserts (which I somewhat based on the Inkwell layout) I created at Agendio.com that I use in my Franklin Covey compact binder.

Pilotbaby
04-20-2017, 07:42 AM
Switched from Erin Condren to the Happy Planner. I love it. It's affordable and you can find lots of accessories and fun things for it. I love taking the pages in and out, etc... What do you find to be the biggest differences? And do you get all of the accessories from Happy Planner too or somewhere else? Thanks so much! These are two that I am really interested in.

Neatfreak
04-20-2017, 02:31 PM
This one by Bloom has been my go-to for the last four years. I love the layout and it's pretty economical!

https://www.amazon.com/Bloom-Daily-Planners-Calendar-Planner/dp/B00QHE2V96/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1492712654&sr=8-10&keywords=bloom+weekly+planner

Twin Mom
04-20-2017, 10:34 PM
This one by Bloom has been my go-to for the last four years. I love the layout and it's pretty economical!

https://www.amazon.com/Bloom-Daily-Planners-Calendar-Planner/dp/B00QHE2V96/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1492712654&sr=8-10&keywords=bloom+weekly+planner

I've been using one very similar to this one for the last few years but by Blue Sky. Bought at target. I think it was $5.99.