PDA

View Full Version : Ebay-what to do with item not as described. What should I do??

liz
04-18-2017, 04:56 PM
I found a leather purse I was coveting on Ebay and purchased it. Buying it new wasn't an option, as this color combo and model are no longer made. Fast forward to today when I open the package and it's in worse condition than stated. I strongly feel that I was misled in the description regarding wear and tear.

The pictures on the website are taken outside with the sun shining on it. The bag was described as "Used with no rips, holes or stains. Very clean interior". The interior has some small (ink?) stains and many fabric pulls and loose threads. There is a dime size scuff in the leather on the bottom of the bag. The strap (combo of leather and cotton) looks super worn. Upon much, much closer inspection in the listings pictures, the strap shows the wear, but you cannot see the interior stains/pulls or leather scuff on the bottom in the pictures provided.

I still want to keep the purse, but really feel misled by the description. This is my first experience with an Ebay purchase that was not as described. I guess the only thing I would want is a partial refund-is this something I can ask for? I'm not sure if I would have paid asking price if I knew the real condition. ugh, help!

mom2binsd
04-18-2017, 06:01 PM
Sellers hate when you ask for a partial but you can try. It doesn't really sound very nice, I would just describe the condition, and ask to return it. If possible include pics of the wear and damage. Ebay will make them refund you. I bet you can find another in better condition.

liz
04-18-2017, 07:13 PM
You're right, the more I think about it, I feel like I need to return it. The amount of wear and tear is going to bother me, especially since I paid so much for a purse not realizing it was in such poor condition. I've taken pictures and plan to ask for a refund tonight.

And as luck would have it, the color I wanted is now on Amazon. It's a birthday present for myself and I feel it's worth the splurge!