PDA

View Full Version : When you dream...

PunkyBoo
04-18-2017, 05:01 PM
When you have a dream that takes place at home, where is "home"? Your current house? A house you lived in previously? Someone else's house? I've always been curious about this.

Growing up, my "home" in my dreams was my next door neighbour's house (a girl my age lived there and we played together often). As an adult, my "home" is usually the house I grew up in (from birth until I went to college, then I even lived there a couple more years at various stages until getting married). But of course, in my dreams, that location is just "home" without a thought that I don't actually live there in real life anymore (I last lived there about 20 years ago! My mom sold the house abt 15 years ago.) I mentioned this to my husband last week, when I had a dream that took place "at home" but I was at the house where I grew up. He thought that was so strange, but he very seldom remembers any of his dreams.

mackmama
04-18-2017, 07:17 PM
Oh this is fascinating! When I'm "at home," it's usually a nebulous place and more of a feeling- not actually any home in which I've actually ever lived. Thanks for asking this. I've never thought about it, and I love dream work.

lalasmama
04-18-2017, 07:43 PM
Usually (maybe 75% of the time), it's the house I lived in from 4th grade to 19yo.

petesgirl
04-18-2017, 09:07 PM
Oh this is fascinating! When I'm "at home," it's usually a nebulous place and more of a feeling- not actually any home in which I've actually ever lived. Thanks for asking this. I've never thought about it, and I love dream work.

This is probably how mine are too. Although, I rarely remember any dreams either! And most of them are just a random assortment of events that don't really seem to take place anywhere, I think.

melrose7
04-18-2017, 11:03 PM
Almost every time I have a dream with my home it is the house I grew up in from age 2-14. I only lived in our next house for 4 years and have never dreamt of that house. Even though we moved in 1990 that house will always be my house.

gatorsmom
04-18-2017, 11:42 PM
This is a really interesting topic. I've wondered this same question. When I was college I would wake
up believing I was in the house I lived in from 2yo to 18yo. And really that stopped in my early 20's. But recently I've started dreaming again that im in the house I grew up in. Weirder still is that over the last 5 months I've been waking up in the morning and while trying to focus and get my bearngs I think I'm in that house again. As I'm opening my eyes I'm thinking that a window letting in bright sunshine over here and that must be the north facing window in my old room. It's weird it's been a very realistic feeling this past few months.

klwa
04-19-2017, 07:48 AM
I would agree with PP that for me when I dream of home, it's usually a feeling. Sometimes I'll dream specifically about the house I grew up in. Sometimes, I'll dream about the boarding school I was at in high school. I can't remember a dream where I was at my current house, but usually it's not a specific place, just the feeling.