PDA

View Full Version : Would you notify potential buyers?

Pennylane
04-20-2017, 05:49 PM
I sold a camera and a few lenses on a local app and just noticed that she was reselling them on a garage sell site for more than what she purchased them for. That doesn't bother me at all as I was happy to get what I did out of them . What does bother me is that I sold it for less than what they were actually were because one of the lens had been dropped and no longer auto focused. She did not put that in her description , hence the higher asking price. Would you comment on it or do what my DH says and just stay out of it all together?

Thanks,

Ann

♥ms.pacman♥
04-20-2017, 06:11 PM
i would stay out of it. i get how it would be bothersome to see, but i woudln't think it was worth getting involved. also, you never know - maybe she repaired it, or had a friend/relative who was able to repair it, etc. i know several people who as their hobby, buy things on CL/garage sales that are not in great condition and then work on it, clean it,repaint, fix it to sell for more $$.

even if not and she's just conveniently leaving those details out (or at worst, purposely lying), i don't think it woudl be worth getting involved.

trcy
04-20-2017, 06:13 PM
I would be annoyed about it, but I don't think you should get involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

Pennylane
04-20-2017, 06:57 PM
Thanks, that is what my DH suggested also. No way she could have repaired the lens by now and it would have cost her too much. Just hate to see someone get potentially ripped off!

AnnieW625
04-20-2017, 07:36 PM
Stay out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMMommy
04-20-2017, 07:58 PM
I agree with PPs to stay out of it. She owns it now, so it is her business.

ckso
04-21-2017, 03:45 AM
I would not get involve. I'm sure the new buyer will take it up with her when he/she finds out it's not what it's advertised to be

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

div_0305
04-21-2017, 09:08 AM
If it were me, I'd write her directly about it and ask if she didn't mention it because she repaired it. I know....so against the wisdom posted above, but I'd keep thinking about it if I didn't at least let her know that I know.

TwinFoxes
04-21-2017, 10:30 AM
Is this a moderated site? If so, she risks getting kicked off if she's less than honest, so letting nature take its course might work. I would definitely not approach potential buyers directly because you really never know the back story (she may have had a working lens that she's selling, it may have been fixed despite you saying it couldn't have been) and calling someone out as a cheat is not a good course of action.
I might consider div_0305's method. "Hey, saw you posted the camera for sale. Just wanted to make sure you remember that the auto-focus doesn't work...Good luck with the sale!" But most likely I'd stay out of it. I don't need added drama. Caveat emptor...

HannaAddict
04-22-2017, 12:01 PM
How do you know it is your equipment for sure? I would stay out of it.

SnuggleBuggles
04-22-2017, 12:23 PM
How do you know it is your equipment for sure? I would stay out of it.

I was thinking that too. Maybe they've bought multiple ones. You just can't know.